Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine or Bose Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have kept my stock PCM but added an iSimple Tranzit-BLU HF which gives me hands free phone and the ability to stream music and GPS commands from my phone. Other than a little control button and a mic, both of which are pretty well hidden from obvious view, everything else looks stock. The unit and wiring are up under the stack, unseen. It's about a 1 hr install, cost of unit and cable was around $100. They also make one called just Tranzit if all you want is an aux jack, no BT. And now there's a new player in town, LApower, who also makes a reasonably-priced BT integration for the stock PCM. If I had gone for an aftermarket head unit, I would have definitely kept the PCM to re-install if and when I ever sold the car.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:48 PM
jll1011
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
I have kept my stock PCM but added an iSimple Tranzit-BLU HF which gives me hands free phone and the ability to stream music and GPS commands from my phone. Other than a little control button and a mic, both of which are pretty well hidden from obvious view, everything else looks stock. The unit and wiring are up under the stack, unseen. It's about a 1 hr install, cost of unit and cable was around $100. They also make one called just Tranzit if all you want is an aux jack, no BT. And now there's a new player in town, LApower, who also makes a reasonably-priced BT integration for the stock PCM. If I had gone for an aftermarket head unit, I would have definitely kept the PCM to re-install if and when I ever sold the car.
Ben, thanks for this. I will check out these options. They sound interesting.

Quick Reply: Engine or Bose Sounds