Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any experience with ASAP Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Raky
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with ASAP Warranty?

Hey guys, I just got a 2007 Targa 4S. I got a quote from ASAP Warranty and it seems almost too good to be true (sub-$3k for 3 years/60k+ more miles from current odo). They said I could cancel at any time and get a prorated refund. Do any of you guys have this warranty and do you have any experience with them?

Thanks,
Raky
Old 02-13-2018, 01:35 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Raky
Hey guys, I just got a 2007 Targa 4S. I got a quote from ASAP Warranty and it seems almost too good to be true (sub-$3k for 3 years/60k+ more miles from current odo). They said I could cancel at any time and get a prorated refund. Do any of you guys have this warranty and do you have any experience with them?

Thanks,
Raky

I assume you are referencing American Standard Auto Protection...

https://www.bbb.org/delaware/busines...on-de-92002104

F rated with 28 negative reviews and 7 positive and 150 consumer complaints.

Mike
Old 02-13-2018, 03:13 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no experience with them, but pretty much every warranty company has a ton of online complaints...not beause they're shady, but because only people who feel they got shafted bother to report in, and a lot of those people simply never read, or failed to understand the terms of the contract.

The question I would ask is, what are the terms of the warranty? If it's a "named item" policy, those contain parts that most every car has, but do not contain all the specific parts certain cars have. So you can end up with lots of denied claims only because the specific part that failed was not on the list of covered ones. OTOH an "exclusionary policy" covers everything NOT on a list of excluded parts. On a complicated modern car, that's the only way you could ever hope to get your money's worth out of an aftermarket warranty IMO. And that has been my experience. That price sounds awfully low for an exclusionary warranty though.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 PM
Raky
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I think I will just self insure unless the dealer I am getting it from has any recommendations for an affordable exclusionary policy. I am waiting on a call back to check. The warranty thru ASAP is a named item policy.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:38 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Well it's true that almost all aftermarket warranty companies will have a lot of complaints you can definitely tell the difference between the good ones and the Shady ones.

Exclusionary policies are certainly the best but even if you buy an exclusionary policy from a company that never pays out on any of its claims then it's not worth the paper it's written on. Here is an example of Fidelity's Better Business Bureau report versus this ASAP company. You can tell the difference is right away

https://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/auto-warranty-plans/fidelity-warranty-services-in-deerfield-beach-fl-25000717
Old 02-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had mine through Paragon Auto Club (no affiliation, but have had multiple warranties through them and never a problem). I'm not sure if they sell an exclusionary warranty for a 911 of that age but worth a call. The guy I always talk to is named Rodney.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with ASAP Warranty?