Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying the complete Fabspeed 997 performance package

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 05:35 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoo
Keep in mind the aftermarket folk don't have to worry about emissions typically (aka for off-road use only), which is why you may see better gains than a factory package. Also, people just like to modify things and it's their money.

My car currently has the Fabspeed exhaust and x-pipes. Next I'll be adding an intake, GT3 TB and IPD plenum. I'll dyno after.
you'd have to do a before and after Dyno session the same day to get anything meaningful so I wouldn't bother wasting the money.

it is true that Porsche has to be emissions compliant but I don't know any aftermarket tuning or Hardware components for our cars that wouldn't be able to pass emissions as long as you use at least a decent quality 200 cpsi cat. I've run I've run 11.0:1 AFR on several of my forced induction cars and they have no problem passing emissions as long as you're not running catless.

mike

Last edited by bhvrdr; 02-17-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:45 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
you'd have to do a before and after Dyno session the same day to get anything meaningful so I wouldn't bother wasting the money.

it is true that Porsche has to be emissions compliant but I don't know any aftermarket tuning or Hardware components for our cars that wouldn't be able to pass emissions as long as you use at least a decent quality 200 cpsi cat. I've run I've run 11.0:1 AFR on several of my forced induction cars and they have no problem passing emissions as long as you're not running careless.

mike
I don't pay for dyno time. Id like to see where the car is at after those mods out of curiosity. I'll add headers down the road and do it again.

People said the same thing about the S2000 before the tuners really started to play with it. It's so strung out from the factory that trying to find more HP is a waist of time. Now there are plenty of options that actually make power. IMO, the 997's are finding their 3rd to 4th owners and with the gain in popularity we'll see some interesting product headed our way.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:48 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr

it is true that Porsche has to be emissions compliant but I don't know any aftermarket tuning or Hardware components for our cars that wouldn't be able to pass emissions as long as you use at least a decent quality 200 cpsi cat. I've run I've run 11.0:1 AFR on several of my forced induction cars and they have no problem passing emissions as long as you're not running careless.

mike
Oh, and before I forget, thanks for doing all the leg work on the head unit install. I sourced all those parts using your thread a couple days ago

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying the complete Fabspeed 997 performance package