Sponsored by:

Another new to me 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD

Beautiful! We're def twining minus the aero. I like the color matched headlight rings. Are they painted or external? What suspension are you on?

We definitely are twinning for sure...good thing you’re in SD! The headlight rings are external...stick on TechArt pieces. As far as the suspension, I believe it’s stock with the adjustable “sport mode” dampeners. I think the original owner had H&R springs installed, but changed them back to stock. I have the H&R’s in a box that had “stock 997 springs” written on it, but the springs have H&R on them.

Bonus for you on the Work wheels!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:40 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger

We definitely are twinning for sure...good thing you’re in SD! The headlight rings are external...stick on TechArt pieces. As far as the suspension, I believe it’s stock with the adjustable “sport mode” dampeners. I think the original owner had H&R springs installed, but changed them back to stock. I have the H&R’s in a box that had “stock 997 springs” written on it, but the springs have H&R on them.

Bonus for you on the Work wheels!
Haha. Which island are you at? I'm not surprised that the previous owner swapped out the H&R. I bet it was more difficult and harsh to drive around especially with the kit. In PASM mode, it has a bit more bounce but I'm used to the stiffer suspension feel from my Supra. Your car looks awesome and I really dig those TA headlight rings.

-Arnold
Old 02-13-2018, 08:36 PM
srcn
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Cobalt blue! Even though I'm extremely happy with my purchase, Cobalt or Aqua blue were my original choices but very hard to find with black or stone interior.
Mine has Sea Blue full leather. I actually love it.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Haha. Which island are you at? I'm not surprised that the previous owner swapped out the H&R. I bet it was more difficult and harsh to drive around especially with the kit. In PASM mode, it has a bit more bounce but I'm used to the stiffer suspension feel from my Supra. Your car looks awesome and I really dig those TA headlight rings.

-Arnold
I’m on Oahu. I’m pretty sure that the ride was a little more harsh with the H&R springs...in PASM on spor it’s stiff enough and the car is low enough for me (I’ve already scraped the lip a few times). Thanks Arnold...yours is quite awesome as well!
Old 02-20-2018, 03:01 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by srcn
Mine has Sea Blue full leather. I actually love it.
Are you going to the March 18th PCA SDR event? I would love to see your car in person.

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger

I’m on Oahu. I’m pretty sure that the ride was a little more harsh with the H&R springs...in PASM on spor it’s stiff enough and the car is low enough for me (I’ve already scraped the lip a few times). Thanks Arnold...yours is quite awesome as well!
Nice! I'm going to Maui in July for my brother-in-law's wedding. This will be my first time visiting the islands so any tips for my wife and I to check out?

Quick Reply: Another new to me 997.1