Sponsored by:

GT3 Tek

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 11:05 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Default GT3 Tek

Was truly hoping to avoid this, but I have no choice at this point. This outfit needs to deal with the negatives on this forum until they can began to improve their customer service issues. I've had enough.

Purchased a front lip for my GTS last July. They shipped the wrong product, which seemed impossible given the picture I sent of my car, picture of the lip I wanted, etc. After so many emails, attempts to call, messages left and still no replacement lip, figured I'd start this thread to make others aware and perhaps force them to resolve my issue via public shaming.

I know there are others here who have had zero issues with them and their products, but there are also some that are as dissatisfied as I am. Hope this new thread brings resolution.

Sully
Old 02-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Thank you for sharing. Usually people hide the negative reviews in fear. I decided not to buy anything from them when I saw the earlier bad review and issue with getting a refund.
For some strange reason their vendor status was not cancelled. They need to be added to the scammers list in my opinion. No point giving such companies a second or third chance.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts

CAVEAT EMPTOR, for those of you who are thinking of buying from these folks and who as of this date have yet to refund my money.

Here's my posts regarding my experiences with them: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-spoilers.html
Old 02-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Ridiculous how some people run what's supposed to be a business for high end automobiles. No personal experience with them but I've read enough of others' to know that I won't ever have any.

Good luck resolving your issues guys.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Thanks for getting the word out. I've seen a couple of other threads/mentions about these guys. It wasn't positive. Hope you get something worked out and others don't go down the same path.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:05 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Appreciate the heads-up.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:00 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I always try and just use visa for online purchases. That way you let visa handle any disputes. I had a similar wxperience with these guys. Got my refund back in a 4-6 weeks, not sure if it was visa or these guys finally refunding me. My product didnt arrive at the time it was supposed to and I had pick up deadlines. It never did arrive even a week later so I sent a couple emails, then called as I wasnt getting any response. They were polite on the phone but used "our accounting clerk isnt in till monday on me" ...after 1 week I escalated to visa and had my money �� back about 10 -14 days later for lack of not receiving my product on time. Problem was, I wanted the product! Next time I called them to make sure they had stock and then ordered with visa with a delivery date and received my product. They were the only ones that had what I wanted so I just had to deal with it in a manner acceptable to me if I wanted it. They definitely need better communication and delivery on their promises. I was very reluctant to order from them from what I saw on here so I dealt with it assuming the same may happen to me and I had protection. Now all I have to do is install it!
Old 02-04-2018, 01:23 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

So, if GT3Tek is the go-to source for 997 lip spoilers, what are some other good options? I don't mind paying a few bucks more to actually receive my product. With that said, The FVD unit is quite pricey!
Old 02-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Man, GT3 TEK used to be so good, and lately they are getting slammed all over..did they change owners? what happened to this place...very sad that what was once such a great reliable source is now declining like this
Old 02-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Man, GT3 TEK used to be so good, and lately they are getting slammed all over..did they change owners? what happened to this place...very sad that what was once such a great reliable source is now declining like this
I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them on several transactions.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Astur
CAVEAT EMPTOR, for those of you who are thinking of buying from these folks and who as of this date have yet to refund my money.

Here's my posts regarding my experiences with them: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-spoilers.html
They still have not refunded you or resolved your issues? Those guys are pathetic and this site should ban their ads and etc. to protect the members here.

Candidly, I wouldn't order their product as there product looks super cheap and that vast majority of time you get what you pay for when ordering cheap products.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 AM
Presto
Pro

As long as they pay the monthly vendor dues to IB unlikely their vendor status will be removed. Sad but true unfortunately. Hopefully members will stop giving gt3tek their hard earned money atleast now.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Presto
As long as they pay the monthly vendor dues to IB unlikely their vendor status will be removed. Sad but true unfortunately. Hopefully members will stop giving gt3tek their hard earned money atleast now.
You haven't been around here long, but that is not the way it used to be. Now if someone who got scammed by them complains to forum administrators and then they are permitted to remain a vendor here . . . that is a different story. At that point, I would go after Rennlist for a refund if they knowingly permitted a bunch of scammers to continue to use this platform to solicit and scam people. That they have not scammed everyone is of no consequence and kind of an ignorant statement to throw out under these circumstances.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Presto
Pro

Originally Posted by Doug H
You haven't been around here long, but that is not the way it used to be. Now if someone who got scammed by them complains to forum administrators and then they are permitted to remain a vendor here . . . that is a different story..
exactly what happened with member Astur. Admins did try to help him out by contacting gt3tek. Still no refund or action taken against the scamming vendor.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts

In all fairness to the Admins of both here and at 6SpeedOnline, they both tried to get me my refund from GT3 Tek by speaking directly with them but as of today, no refund. So to the Admins I can only add that I owe them my sincere gratitude.

I published my experiences with these folks as a last resort of shaming them to act responsibly and to honor their written commitment (which I present in my original post) and which they never came through with. I also wanted to save other forum members from possibly similar experiences or at least make them aware that these folks have "questionable" business practices.

For those who have dealt with them and have had positive experiences, good for you. But for those who had or may have a similar situations as I have, then at least you have a heads-up.

Quick Reply: GT3 Tek