Sponsored by:

Fister Mufflers installed today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Appraiser
Another +1 in the surprised group here. I'll cosign on fc3; there's a change in amplification on a specific range of frequencies; not total sound spectrum. So it sounds different depending where you are in the rev range and especially noticeable around 3,500 rpms under some load.
This.

When I had my C2S w/ Gundo + SW bypass, it sounded best around 3-4k. At WOT, however, I thought it sounded very muddy and loud without any sort of refinement. Definitely an improvement over stock, but there's plenty of better sounding exhausts out there.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:38 PM
jeffleept
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Do they have a ceramic coating? If so, I would also be interested in buying if you part with them, and doccao doesn't pick them up. Placed an order with Fister 2 months ago and they're still waiting on cores.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:47 PM
daxbox
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have x-over pipes, and only have Fister exhausts, but happy with mine. Still sounds 911-like. Video clip right from Darin's shop -
Old 02-03-2018, 02:04 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,007 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
I'd give it a couple weeks and see how you feel about it.

I tend to modify my exhaust system around the mufflers, assuming I like the stock tonality well enough. I've found it worked out great on my previous audi cars. On the GTS I've done the sharkwerks bypass and next will be the headers/cats. I'll do the mufflers last (I don't think it will be needed at all) since that changes the sound itself the most, not just volume.
I thought the GTS came standard with PSE but maybe not. You don't have PSE mufflers on yours? To my ears, the PSE/SW bypass pipes combo sounds hard to improve on.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:43 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

You are one of the very few people i've EVER heard of saying they are disappointed with Fister Mufflers ..They are one of the best sounding exhausts i've ever heard, i have Tubi cans on my current 997.1 that it came with and i'll be selling to get fisters..I've had fisters on every 997 / 997 i've owned and now on a 993 i'm selling and they are excellent!

Go spend $3,000-$5000 on a super nice system.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:47 AM
Daniel Kant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for surprised. Can you share a audio/video clip?

This my 997.1 with 2.5 inch fister style + 200 cells x-pipe.

​​​​​​
Old 02-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I thought the GTS came standard with PSE but maybe not. You don't have PSE mufflers on yours? To my ears, the PSE/SW bypass pipes combo sounds hard to improve on.

I have the same setup PSE/SW bypass. And it does indeed sound good, which is why I don't plan to change them. Just wanting more volume. I took out the rear section of carpeting a few weeks ago and it greatly improved the sound in the car. The carpeting has 3-4 inches of insulation glued to it, when I got started I didn't realize that the padding and carpet were one. I thought I'd be able to pull the carpet out then pull out the padding and put the carpet back. No dice, so I'll have some lighter thinner interior material cut to size to put back in the car so it doesn't have an unfinished look.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:31 AM
ColoradoMark
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffleept
Do they have a ceramic coating? If so, I would also be interested in buying if you part with them, and doccao doesn't pick them up. Placed an order with Fister 2 months ago and they're still waiting on cores.
Well Fister. NOw has my cores back, I did this mod a couple of weeks ago.
i have to restrain myself from starting the car every time I walk by it. The sound at cold idle is just amazing, I can’t wait to get it back on the track.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Ok, I'm starting to like what I hear with the new Fisters installed. I asked a non porsche friend what he thought of the sound and he confirmed with everyone above on liking it.
I think what I was expecting and what I was hearing on YouTube varied so much from different installs and types I may have gotten locked in on a particular sound different from
the real thing. As far as the range in rpm's....it varies a lot between what shift points (PDK). Louder at lower gears (1-4) and quieter beyond that into the 7th very quiet.
My feeling is I'm starting to like it and hope I get to love it. Right now it's freezing cold in NJ, and I'm concerned that summer with the top down will be too loud, which guys with a coupe
will not be effected by like I will. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Devoted Rennlister 8 yrs and I love this forum! BTW Parlette12 nice car!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
Ok, I'm starting to like what I hear with the new Fisters installed. I asked a non porsche friend what he thought of the sound and he confirmed with everyone above on liking it.
I think what I was expecting and what I was hearing on YouTube varied so much from different installs and types I may have gotten locked in on a particular sound different from
the real thing. As far as the range in rpm's....it varies a lot between what shift points (PDK). Louder at lower gears (1-4) and quieter beyond that into the 7th very quiet.
My feeling is I'm starting to like it and hope I get to love it. Right now it's freezing cold in NJ, and I'm concerned that summer with the top down will be too loud, which guys with a coupe
will not be effected by like I will. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Devoted Rennlister 8 yrs and I love this forum! BTW Parlette12 nice car!
Maybe you should see if you can change the negative title of your thread since now you are saying youre starting to like them..Fister is a small business & a negative thread like this could effect them even with their stellar rep..just saying!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:06 PM
ogun228
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

"Right now it's freezing cold in NJ, and I'm concerned that summer with the top down will be too loud, which guys with a coupe"

As a fellow jerseyite and cab owner with a Fister, I can tell you that you will love the sound at WOT with the top down and the "civilized" sound at cruising speed as well as the burbles on downshifts. Absolutely wonderful!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:58 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Maybe you should see if you can change the negative title of your thread since now you are saying youre starting to like them..Fister is a small business & a negative thread like this could effect them even with their stellar rep..just saying!
I can't disagree with you about changing the title if he changes his mind but it's clear from the responses here and a google search that this one thread isn't going to effect any Fister sales.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 PM
daxbox
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix
I can't disagree with you about changing the title if he changes his mind but it's clear from the responses here and a google search that this one thread isn't going to effect any Fister sales.
+1. Aside from the great product, Darin's also a great guy. Support the small businesses!
Old 02-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Trying to remove the word Disappointed! Waiting for instructions how to.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
Trying to remove the word Disappointed! Waiting for instructions how to.
Good man!

Quick Reply: Fister Mufflers installed today.