Sponsored by:

Replacement pccb hardware

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 10:33 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Replacement pccb hardware

I need to replace the bolts that hold the hats to the rotors on my pccb discs. The discs and hats are fine but the bolts are corroded. PET doesn't show these as separate parts- anyone know if there are equivalents available? Thanks!

-n.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by osunick
I need to replace the bolts that hold the hats to the rotors on my pccb discs. The discs and hats are fine but the bolts are corroded. PET doesn't show these as separate parts- anyone know if there are equivalents available? Thanks!

-n.
Subscribed
Old 01-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

I'd bet there's not anything particularly unique about the fasteners and that you could use any made for the purpose of attaching the hat to the rotor as long as they're the right diameter and length. Maybe send an email to some of the brake guys and ask (dba, Brembo, Craig at Girodisc, etc}
Old 01-13-2018, 12:49 PM
osunick
Racer

After looking at the design of the assembly, they're not under much stress. The bobbins take on the torque and the bolts and springs keep the disc centered on the hat, but when everything is together the caliper also keeps the ring centered. I'll take things apart and investigate further.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:53 AM
osunick
Racer

I pulled the bolts and they are M5x60mm stainless A2-70 torx cheese head bolts (printed on the head), which is a common grade of stainless steel. Not the strongest which leads me to believe these aren't under much stress, especially with a 7 lb-ft torque spec on the bolt. I ordered some bolts from ebay germany but since I'm not tracking the car any time soon, I'm using the correct size bolt from home depot in a philips head until the new bolts arrive. The bobbins handle the torque load from the brake calipers to the hubs, all the bolts and springs do is keep the disc more or less centered on the bobbins.

Note- make sure you use the guide rods when pulling the rotor off by hand- it's quite surprising how quickly it flies off after some tugging and without anything to hold it on, it can hit the hub.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by osunick
I pulled the bolts and they are M5x60mm stainless A2-70 torx cheese head bolts (printed on the head), which is a common grade of stainless steel. Not the strongest which leads me to believe these aren't under much stress, especially with a 7 lb-ft torque spec on the bolt. I ordered some bolts from ebay germany but since I'm not tracking the car any time soon, I'm using the correct size bolt from home depot in a philips head until the new bolts arrive. The bobbins handle the torque load from the brake calipers to the hubs, all the bolts and springs do is keep the disc more or less centered on the bobbins.

Note- make sure you use the guide rods when pulling the rotor off by hand- it's quite surprising how quickly it flies off after some tugging and without anything to hold it on, it can hit the hub.
So are PCCB floating rotors?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:40 PM
osunick
Racer

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
So are PCCB floating rotors?
Yes, it definitely looks that way since the bolts have anti rattle springs.

Quick Reply: Replacement pccb hardware