Sponsored by:

Dension Gateway 500S BT

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 02:52 PM
johzev
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dension Gateway 500S BT

Purchased Dension Gateway 500S Bluetooth from Eric at Bumper Plugs and had it in stalled by Brady at Fox Porsche in Grand Rapids, Mi. Works perfectly,exactly as advertised. Handsfree phone works great and streaming Pandora an Spotify. I couldn't be happier with this solution. Makes PCM 2.1 work like a new car. Eric went way above and beyond by providing Brady at the Dealer with support to help him get everything working perfectly. I would not hesitate to buy from Eric. He will make sure you are happy with your purchase!
my car is 2007 C4S
Old 01-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Any idea what interface # the guys used? There are a bunch to choose from that fine tune the hands free phone aspect and curious which one others have had success with.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Mind posting your handsfree settings, the microphone and speaker volume? Everything works great on this unit except the handsfree. It will not transmit the callers voice 1/2 the time and most people complain how they sound.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

I have one in my car and it's horrible. I can hear calls but have to speak into my phone for people to hear me. Nothing seems to stream from my phone. I've connected the phone NUMEROUS times, I loath it! I've watched every youtube video, etc, etc, just can't get mine to work. It was installed on the car when I purchased it. I need to find a local audio shop that's NOT ghetto and only wants to put giant sub woofers in the car....rare around me lol!!!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:04 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,160 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlewis1436
I have one in my car and it's horrible. I can hear calls but have to speak into my phone for people to hear me. Nothing seems to stream from my phone. I've connected the phone NUMEROUS times, I loath it! I've watched every youtube video, etc, etc, just can't get mine to work. It was installed on the car when I purchased it. I need to find a local audio shop that's NOT ghetto and only wants to put giant sub woofers in the car....rare around me lol!!!
Mine works perfectly (all sources work including BT streaming of Waze directions, Pandora, music from the phone, and the USB stick feed), everything except for good call quality, but I kind of figure that's from the aftermarket exhaust and semi solid motor mounts making the car noisy. On the plus side, it keeps the phone calls short so I can get back to the driving

Here's the install and user guides I have. If you pull things apart, maybe you'll discover an issue with the connections you can fix.
Attached Images

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500S BT