DIY & Review - BC Racing Coilovers - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY & Review - BC Racing Coilovers

Old 02-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Steve 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thejoee View Post
Steve, this looks amazing ! Did you go with the standard spring rates ?
Thank you. Yes, I went with the standard spring rates offered. The ride ended up being better than I expected so I'm glad I went with the standard offering
Old 02-11-2018, 06:18 PM
myw
Super User

Originally Posted by Steve 911 View Post
Thank you. Yes, I went with the standard spring rates offered. The ride ended up being better than I expected so I'm glad I went with the standard offering
thanks for the info steve. so basically for a mild+conservative (ie. 1-1.5" drop) no need to upgrade to swift springs - and an oem-ish (between normal + pasm) ride is attainable.

have you ever sat in a 997 with techart/eibach lowering springs? i wonder how the ride quality would compare.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Steve 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myw View Post
thanks for the info steve. so basically for a mild+conservative (ie. 1-1.5" drop) no need to upgrade to swift springs - and an oem-ish (between normal + pasm) ride is attainable.

have you ever sat in a 997 with techart/eibach lowering springs? i wonder how the ride quality would compare.
I haven't been in a 997 with lowering springs before, so unfortunately I don't have a comparison based on that. As far as swift springs, I've heard good things about them but I think the BC springs are just fine as well.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 PM
myw
Super User

I haven't been in a 997 with lowering springs before, so unfortunately I don't have a comparison based on that. As far as swift springs, I've heard good things about them but I think the BC springs are just fine as well.
thank you sir!! i would assume the swift springs and their high compression rate is for more aggressive suspension setups.

how many lowering settings are there on the bc coilovers? and which height setting are you running? - your stance looks fantastic.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Steve 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

thank you sir!! i would assume the swift springs and their high compression rate is for more aggressive suspension setups.

how many lowering settings are there on the bc coilovers? and which height setting are you running? - your stance looks fantastic.
I am actually not sure what the best application of swift springs would be, if anyone else knows, I'm definitely interested in knowing though!

As far as settings, there aren't really lowering settings on these, instead there is a threaded shock body, lock collar and a set of spanner wrenches that are used to raise or lower the car. At some point the coilover will max out at maximum and minimum height, but I still have plenty adjustment left in both the front and rear of the car. Your ride height can also be anywhere between the min and max of the threaded portion of the coilover. Hopefully this makes sense, if not, I would be happy to try to make a video explaining it.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:58 PM
myw
Super User

I am actually not sure what the best application of swift springs would be, if anyone else knows, I'm definitely interested in knowing though!

As far as settings, there aren't really lowering settings on these, instead there is a threaded shock body, lock collar and a set of spanner wrenches that are used to raise or lower the car. At some point the coilover will max out at maximum and minimum height, but I still have plenty adjustment left in both the front and rear of the car. Your ride height can also be anywhere between the min and max of the threaded portion of the coilover. Hopefully this makes sense, if not, I would be happy to try to make a video explaining it.
makes great sense. but since its a manual adjusted height setting per say, how did you know what the proper height was to your liking? i am guessing trial and error (and you remember the number of thread turns re both sides)?? thank you thus far for all your help.

re the swift springs i believe the higher compression rate is for the more lower 'no finger gap' and even potentially even lower 'tucked' suspension setups.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:29 AM
Steve 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

makes great sense. but since its a manual adjusted height setting per say, how did you know what the proper height was to your liking? i am guessing trial and error (and you remember the number of thread turns re both sides)?? thank you thus far for all your help.

re the swift springs i believe the higher compression rate is for the more lower 'no finger gap' and even potentially even lower 'tucked' suspension setups.
Yes, it is a lot of trial and error, but some educated guesses can be made to make the process go a little quicker. I ended up taking my wheels off 5-8 times while fine tuning it, but I was also dealing with an extremely tight wheel and tire package out back and was trying to get it exactly where i wanted. As far as making even adjustments, I made a mark on the lock ring of each strut with a sharpie and did my adjustments in even increments across all four wheels. In my case, I was doing one complete turn, two complete turns, four complete turns, etc. so that the mark was always facing me. This helped me keep the car even, at least for the initial adjustments.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:02 PM
myw
Super User

thanks so much steve, again your stance looks so good and i am very very tempted. thanking you in advance if need to bother you some more for help.

Yes, it is a lot of trial and error, but some educated guesses can be made to make the process go a little quicker. I ended up taking my wheels off 5-8 times while fine tuning it, but I was also dealing with an extremely tight wheel and tire package out back and was trying to get it exactly where i wanted. As far as making even adjustments, I made a mark on the lock ring of each strut with a sharpie and did my adjustments in even increments across all four wheels. In my case, I was doing one complete turn, two complete turns, four complete turns, etc. so that the mark was always facing me. This helped me keep the car even, at least for the initial adjustments.
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Steve 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thought I would post a quick update. I've put a decent amount of miles on this setup now and I'm absolutely loving it. For the cost involved, I am as happy as can be

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY & Review - BC Racing Coilovers

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: