Sponsored by:

997 GTS Journal from Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 05:42 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

perfection.

also, YES to both eibach + clear tails - the clear tails look amazing imo.... not to mention its an easy swap back.

Originally Posted by Clubber
Finally color matched the off-white wheels to body color, Carrara white.
I think it looks more complete and oem now. What do you all think ?

Old 05-26-2018, 01:12 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,191 Likes on 549 Posts

Clubber:
"I ordered them in an odd combo. Fronts are 19x8,5 ET53 which is GTS size but I went for 19x12 ET48 (GT2 RS size) on the rear to fill the arches better. GTS rear size was 19x11 ET51 which really hides the wheel on the stock car. It is more flush with 12 rears."

Thanks for the info.

Do you have any rubbing/clearance issues with them?
Did you put 325/30ZR19 rubber on the rears?

My 997 GTS suspension is stock, and I dislike the OEM Spyder wheels silver rim and the non-flush appearance with the wheel well opening. A 325 rear patch increase is also appealing from a performance standpoint.

I found the Ultraleggara 19x12 ET48 are available special order (2-3 months) from the Tire Rack, here in the US. They were reluctant to recommend the 19x12's, since their computer does not guarantee compatibility with the 997 GTS.

Here is my planned conversion:

If you can verify that you have mounted and driven with Ultralegerra 19x8.5 ET53 and 19x12 ET48 with 325/30ZR19 rubber on a 997 GTS with stock suspension, and had no issues, I will go that route.

When/if you lower with Eibachs, might that create a wheel well clearance issue with the Ultra's?

Thanks for any help. Your car is fabulous, as is your photographer.
The Sport Classic mods are all tasteful and aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
You have great taste. My GTS is jealous.

This pic was taken with an iPhone 6S at Jenner by the Sea (Where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean) in Sonoma County, California winter of 2016:

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 05-26-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:57 AM
Clubber
Racer

Received 451 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Clubber:
"I ordered them in an odd combo. Fronts are 19x8,5 ET53 which is GTS size but I went for 19x12 ET48 (GT2 RS size) on the rear to fill the arches better. GTS rear size was 19x11 ET51 which really hides the wheel on the stock car. It is more flush with 12 rears."

Thanks for the info.

Do you have any rubbing/clearance issues with them?
Did you put 325/30ZR19 rubber on the rears?

My 997 GTS is suspension is stock, and I dislike the OEM Spyder wheels silver rim and the non-flush appearance with the wheel well opening. A 325 rear patch increase is also appealing from a performance standpoint.

I found the Ultraleggara 19x12 ET48 are available special order (2-3 months) from the Tire Rack, here in the US. They were reluctant to recommend the 19x12's, since their computer does not guarantee compatibility with the 997 GTS.

Here is my planned conversion:

If you can verify that you have mounted and driven with Ultralegerra 19x8.5 ET53 and 19x12 ET48 with 325/30ZR19 rubber on a 997 GTS with stock suspension, and had no issues, I will go that route.

When/if you lower with Eibachs, might that create a wheel well clearance issue with the Ultra's?

Thanks for any help. Your car is fabulous, as is your photographer.
The Sport Classic mods are all tasteful and aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
You have great taste. My GTS is jealous.

This pic was taken with an iPhone 6S at Jenner by the Sea (Where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean) in Sonoma County, California winter of 2016:
Thanks for all the kind words. Yours is very classy too.

Regarding the fitment ; There’s no rubbing or anything BUT I’m using oem 305’s in the rear. There was no stretch on the tires as you can see and I didn’t want to put 325 for potential rubbing in the future with springs. So far, pretty happy with the look and ride.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Got it. The 305's fit fine on the 12x19 rears. Great, they are cheaper than the 325's as well! Thanks for the info.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:55 PM
Clubber
Racer

Got it. The 305's fit fine on the 12x19 rears. Great, they are cheaper than the 325's as well! Thanks for the info.
Yes they do. At least, in the case of Mich 4S. Other tire brands might have slightly different sidewalls which may look more stretched.
You are most welcome.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:04 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Cool. I will go with this package:

It is nice to know ahead of time that a fitment will work. Glad we have identical OEM supensions and your set up has no issues.
The seller's computer would not accept the rear wheel combination for our 997 GTS.
Thanks again.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Finally color matched the off-white wheels to body color, Carrara white.
I think it looks more complete and oem now. What do you all think ?

Oh boy.... much better now IMHO
Old 05-29-2018, 07:29 AM
Clubber
Racer

Here's a quick video of the wheel application , hope you all like it.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Wow. Thanks for the video. Nicely done.

Your explanation of the 997GTS front wheel wells being narrower than the 997GT2RS prevented me from buying 19x11 ET47 wheels.

I will stick with the OEM 19x8.5, and as your video pointed out, the OZ's in that size (with ET53 offset) will bring the wheel out flush with the wheel well lip. Two Rennlisters have PM'ed me with verification that the OZ 19x12 with MPSC4 325 fits with stock suspension and no issues. One of them has SPORT PASM (-10mm lower than my base PASM) and reported no issues.

You said your MPSC4 305's fit on the 19x12 with no sidewall stretch, but you avoided the 325 since you may be lowering yours with Eibachs.

I have no plans to mod my suspension, so will go with the 325's, which was the stock 997GT2RS setup. Any advice on that decision?

Thanks again.

I really like the OZ look on a stock 997 GTS, and hope the black color works with my Basalt Black Metallic (BBM) color. If the color looks "off" like your white did, I will have them resprayed in BBM color for an exact match. The OEM CL Spyder look wheels are not an exact color match and look fine. Maybe black is more forgiving of different color shades than white.

This red body sure looks cool with the red calipers and CL hardware trim on the OZ's:

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 06-03-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:09 PM
pilfer
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a quick video of the wheel application , hope you all like it.

White Ultraleggera's Fitted !
I love it, car looks amazing. I was seriously considering a duck tail but lost interest. After seeing yours I'll have to revisit it again lol. It'll be awhile as I'm buying an RS4 next week and also getting married this year.

As for the EIbach springs, they do look better but it's not low enough for my taste especially in the rear. If I were you, I'd go with some Bilstein coil overs right away. I will invariably be doing that in the future as you can keep the PASM functionality even using the button on the dash, that's my understanding at least. Maybe my car doesn't have as much of drop as it's a C4GTS.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Clubber
Racer

Wow. Thanks for the video. Nicely done.

Your explanation of the 997GTS front wheel wells being narrower than the 997GT2RS prevented me from buying 19x11 ET47 wheels.

I will stick with the OEM 19x8.5, and as your video pointed out, the OZ's in that size (with ET53 offset) will bring the wheel out flush with the wheel well lip. Two Rennlisters have PM'ed me with verification that the OZ 19x12 with MPSC4 325 fits with stock suspension and no issues. One of them has SPORT PASM (-10mm lower than my base PASM) and reported no issues.

You said your MPSC4 305's fit on the 19x12 with no sidewall stretch, but you avoided the 325 since you may be lowering yours with Eibachs.

I have no plans to mod my suspension, so will go with the 325's, which was the stock 997GT2RS setup. Any advice on that decision?

Thanks again.

I really like the OZ look on a stock 997 GTS, and hope the black color works with my Basalt Black Metallic (BBM) color. If the color looks "off" like your white did, I will have them resprayed in BBM color for an exact match. The OEM CL Spyder look wheels are not an exact color match and look fine. Maybe black is more forgiving of different color shades than white.

This red body sure looks cool with the red calipers and CL hardware trim on the OZ's:
Glad I could help. One other reason I avoided 325's at the rear is the weight penalty. As we bared saved half a kg with OZ's wider and heavier tires would probably mean losing that little saving only for an almost unnoticeable handling boost. If you want to go with 325's on 12J rears, that is totally understandable. One other ocd of mine from my ///M culture, I don't like having too much width difference between front and rear. 235-325 is almost 10cm tyre print difference.

Originally Posted by pilfer
I love it, car looks amazing. I was seriously considering a duck tail but lost interest. After seeing yours I'll have to revisit it again lol. It'll be awhile as I'm buying an RS4 next week and also getting married this year.

As for the EIbach springs, they do look better but it's not low enough for my taste especially in the rear. If I were you, I'd go with some Bilstein coil overs right away. I will invariably be doing that in the future as you can keep the PASM functionality even using the button on the dash, that's my understanding at least. Maybe my car doesn't have as much of drop as it's a C4GTS.
Thanks.
That is the exact reason I went for Eibach's. A modest drop is all I need. They are going on tomorrow, will put before and after shots here in a few days.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Clubber
Racer

Finally dropped on Eibach's. She'll probably drop a little more once they settle but so far I love it. Didn't realize how much it would change the look,

Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM
kru911
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Great build.
For my cab, I'm looking to go from H&R springs to OE SPASM or Eibach and get OZ's for the offset change. Your thread, detail, and pictures are very helpful.
Thanks so much for sharing!! Enjoy your fabulous GTS.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Clubber
Racer

Originally Posted by kruinc
Great build.
For my cab, I'm looking to go from H&R springs to OE SPASM or Eibach and get OZ's for the offset change. Your thread, detail, and pictures are very helpful.
Thanks so much for sharing!! Enjoy your fabulous GTS.
Thank you for the kind words. Glad I could help.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:11 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Clubber wrote:
"Glad I could help. One other reason I avoided 325's at the rear is the weight penalty. As we bared saved half a kg with OZ's wider and heavier tires would probably mean losing that little saving only for an almost unnoticeable handling boost. If you want to go with 325's on 12J rears, that is totally understandable. One other ocd of mine from my ///M culture, I don't like having too much width difference between front and rear. 235-325 is almost 10cm tyre print difference."

I am not concerned as much with the weight penalty. Unsprung weight is, of course, to be minimized. But my OZ purchase/mod has more to do with bringing the wheels out flush with the wheel well lips. I do not track my car, but do drive roads that are as demanding vertically as laterally. I am not seeking a super lowered look. Your GTS with Eibachs is beautiful, but I actually prefer the "before" stance, it looks better prepared to deal with real world road conditions vice the laboratory setting of a racetrack.

Here is one of my favorite roads:

Latigo Canyon Malibu, CA
HIGHEST POINT: 2,122 ft
VERTICAL GAIN: 2,016 ft
LENGTH: 9.2 miles
GRADE: 4.2% average, about 12% max

So, what I am most concerned with is not compromising my suspension clearance.
(And the OZs look way cooler then the stock Spyder wheels.)

Not familiar with BMW M3, but a large front/rear wheel width disparity is a non-issue on a 911.

Thanks for sharing your mod's. Between you and nwGTS, this is a personalized tutorial on 997 GTS tuning.
yo

Quick Reply: 997 GTS Journal from Istanbul