Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this 07 S?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Thoughts on this 07 S?

seems a bit pricey for the milage. I like the fact that it already has intake & exhaust. Also a bit unfortunate is the seller is “racecarguy”
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Porsch...-/112658883038
Old 12-02-2017, 10:25 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

That’s got to be the worst alanctra job I’ve seen on a steering wheel. The dive panes look a bit silly. The wing looks ok as does the front bumper. I’m not sure what the Euro PCM upgrade is. So to me this is borderline between nice price and crackpipe, to reference Jalopnik. At 44k it’s iffy. Get it to 40k or less. I see no mention of oil changes or if the brakes were done and how old are the tires. It’s a toss up.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:32 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

It's modified quite a bit from stock - front bumper, lip, rear wing, engine tune, intake, exhaust, interior etc. This will limit the market for the seller as it scares off anyone but enthusiasts. And the price is on the higher side probably because the seller is looking to get back what they put into the car. So smaller market and higher price might give you room to negotiate.

The mods wouldn't scare me but I'd need to see a DME report before even spending a dime on a PPI. With the tune it's likely there's something there.

Also, take a closer look at the hood lines in photo 4 - that gap shouldn't be there. It's possible the frunk was opened and just not closed all the way. But if the frunk is closed that hood gap is wrong (hidden front end damage?). As the seller about the hood gap and for a DME printout before bidding.

And if you do go for it, pay for a full PPI before finalizing the sale.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Slc801
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve been in contact with the seller who’s selling for a friend. Bottom line for me is limited resale with the awkwardly done alcantara work and some other visual modifications. To my knowledge there is a full service history available though....just never got far enough to ask for it.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
That’s got to be the worst alanctra job I’ve seen on a steering wheel. The dive panes look a bit silly. The wing looks ok as does the front bumper.
Exactly my thoughts too. Steering wheel needs redone for sure

Originally Posted by semicycler
The mods wouldn't scare me but I'd need to see a DME report before even spending a dime on a PPI..
Whats DME?
Old 12-02-2017, 11:26 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Pass.....this car looks like it’s had a hard life. The interior shows the neglect and the engine compartment isn’t much better. I like the wing and the wheels but the intake is near useless and the exhaust is certainly not my taste. How does the DME look?
Old 12-02-2017, 12:14 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hazeltine
Whats DME?
The engine computer, I think it's a Porsche acronym for Digital Motor Electronics. Basically pull the over rev report from the car's computer.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:40 PM
BillNye
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Couple things I look for when buying a used car, generally, and that stand out to me about this one
1) If they can't be bothered to vacuum the carpets or even clean their trash out of the footwells of the car when they want it to look it's best to sell it, it says a lot about the owner.

2) Garbage brand tires. People who "tastefully and Meticulously" [sic] modify cars know the difference between quality parts and knockoff aftermarket garbage. If they fitted the cheapest possible tires to their car, who knows what else they cut corners on.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by BillNye
Couple things I look for when buying a used car, generally, and that stand out to me about this one
1) If they can't be bothered to vacuum the carpets or even clean their trash out of the footwells of the car when they want it to look it's best to sell it, it says a lot about the owner.

2) Garbage brand tires. People who "tastefully and Meticulously" [sic] modify cars know the difference between quality parts and knockoff aftermarket garbage. If they fitted the cheapest possible tires to their car, who knows what else they cut corners on.
+1.

Is that "GT3" Bumper really just a addon lip and cutout vent between headlights?

The stitching around the shifter looks like it was done by a blind man and the Remus exhaust is particularly ill-fitting.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you want a heavily modified car? Are you going to spend money on those mods? If you see value in that, I guess you can justify the price.

I like my car stock, so I wouldn’t be interested in that car.

The price is high for the mileage too. I think you can do better.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_
Do you want a heavily modified car? Are you going to spend money on those mods? If you see value in that, I guess you can justify the price.

I like my car stock, so I wouldn’t be interested in that car.

The price is high for the mileage too. I think you can do better.
i like the idea of it having the exhaust, as i don’t see myself spending $6k plus on an exhaust, but otherwise i would probably rather do everything else myself.
im still torn between the 3.6 and 3.8. I like the nose and options included with the S
Old 12-02-2017, 11:43 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by BillNye

+1 I could add a lot to this too. Love some of the mods, well except the quality of the alcantera doesn't seem that good, just my view. I don't like bashing folks that like to mod their cars for their own pleasure and that could be well received by next buyer, but saying "For sale is this BEAUTIFUL PORSCHE 911 Carrera S... Upgraded...Meticulously. This Porsche is one-of-a-kind and is the cleanest and nicest Carrera S around!" and then post pictures like that doesn't seem accurate to me. I know everyone's definition of clean if different and well maybe to many this is considered clean, not me.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:30 AM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The mods i see are in poor taste, in my opinion. Still, if the car is in good running order, it's worth 40k in my view. 45 had there been zero mods.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:34 AM
daxbox
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to say, lots of red flags, looking at the pics. Looks like she's had a hard life. And, the owner added "alcantera"... doesn't seem to be an enthusiast. Seeing how the car's been treated (like the cheap tires), I would also be worried about the garage that may have installed the mods. Seems like you'd be in for some 'restoration' work to turn back the clock on this car.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:37 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

I would run from any car that has Fabspeed anything installed. Speaks volumes about the seller...

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 07 S?