Sponsored by:

Rear fog light - right or left hand drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 03:53 AM
pavelfloresco
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear fog light - right or left hand drive

How can i change the rear fog light to the left side? My car (right hand drive, Vauxhall Zafira B) illuminates only the right side and, because a i do not drive in the UK, i must change this fog light. Both the rear lamps have fog light bulbs on the other side. I try with op-com and tech 2 tester, but i do not know what must i do. Manny thanks.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

I don't believe its a codable change and is hardwired in the wiring harness for the country into which your car was ordered. I would remove the taillights and identify the fog light bulb socket for both lights. Remove the bulb from the taillight plug on the incorrect side which don't throw a code since the car isn't using it anyway, and create a jumper wire to the fog light 12v feed to the wire for the other side fog light, running it through the back of the engine compartment. The bulb control module will still see proper resistance since it thinks it's lighting the bulb on the proper side, but will actually be lighting the one on the other side. This is a 5 minute job using some quick connectors like these and then reversible later if you remove them and the jumper wire.

Quick Reply: Rear fog light - right or left hand drive