Sponsored by:

Rookie question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Honestly, you should just remove the locking lug bolts and replace them with regular ones. The only person they deter from removing the wheels is the owner or the owner's shop.

Wheel thieves have the tools to remove the locks like they aren't even there. I have custom wheels on all my cars and none of them have locking lug bolts or nuts. If they want them, locks won't deter them, and insurance will buy me a new set. Sad, but true.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:25 AM
BER
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Honestly, you should just remove the locking lug bolts and replace them with regular ones. The only person they deter from removing the wheels is the owner or the owner's shop.

Wheel thieves have the tools to remove the locks like they aren't even there. I have custom wheels on all my cars and none of them have locking lug bolts or nuts. If they want them, locks won't deter them, and insurance will buy me a new set. Sad, but true.
+1 to this approach. I personally hate wheel locks; they are more of an aggravation for the owner than a deterrent to thieves...YMMV.

My wheel locks were removed on Day 2 of ownership. Like Petza914 said...insurance will get me a new set of wheels & tires.

Quick Reply: Rookie question