Sponsored by:

Blown Door Woofer

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 02:16 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 911PCarFun
I am having the same issues with my car. If anyone else still has or can point me in the direction to source the parts I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
I have one woofer left...Dougkeen bought the otherone...PM me if you want to buy it.
Dougkeen...glad you are happy with it. Love the fact that the 2007 GT3 is giving life to others. :-)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

I still have all of the Bose speakers if someone is interested in doing that complete speaker upgrade to a non-Bose car.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:17 PM
911PCarFun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I still have all of the Bose speakers if someone is interested in doing that complete speaker upgrade to a non-Bose car.
interesting, not sure if you know, but what would be needed to make the leap other than just the speakers themselves?
Old 12-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

interesting, not sure if you know, but what would be needed to make the leap other than just the speakers themselves?
To make the full Bose leap, you'd need the Bose PCM, Bose Front Amp (as these two components communicate via fiber optic MOST cables), Bose Rear Sub Enclosure with integrated amp, and all the Bose speakers.

To just upgrade the OEM speakers to the Bose speakers (should have larger magnets, wider acoustic range, better quality components, etc) you can just replace the non-Bose speakers with the Bose versions - they connect like any other speaker with a + and - wiring pair.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:02 PM
911PCarFun
Instructor

unfortunately the bose speakers are no where close to fitting in the OEM non bose speaker housings. I would need to have custom brackets made to fit the speakers in the car.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

unfortunately the bose speakers are no where close to fitting in the OEM non bose speaker housings. I would need to have custom brackets made to fit the speakers in the car.
Well that's no fun, but good info to have. Let me know if you want to ship them back or make adapters to be able to complete the upgrade.

Any pics of the fitment issue as we might have some ideas. I'd be surprised if the door panels between a Bose car and non Bose car are different and it might just be the mounting ring you need to make them work. When I replaced them with my Focals, I used the original speaker mount but had to clip out the plastic gridding due to the larger magnet and deeper depth of the Focal Speaker, like this:

Original Bose Speaker (internet photo)

Cutting the rear gridwork out of my mount to accommodate the Focal speaker

Speaker mounted with protective BoomMat enclosure

Front view of new speaker in mounting plate

Speaker mounted in door

If the plastic ring looks like what you'll need, here are a couple for sale on eBay and I will split the cost with you (send you $35 via PayPal) so you can buy them to finish the job. They're from the same seller so maybe he'd even give you a deal on both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2012-P...ZZe1pW&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Porsch...5aOsYA&vxp=mtr

Let me know what you want to do.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:45 AM
911PCarFun
Instructor

Yeah we were thinking about this as well. The issue is that the non bose plastic speaker housing is different than the bose one. It is smaller so the mounting points for the speaker to the plastic speaker housing are different. If I had the bose speaker housing it would be plug and play.

Quick Reply: Blown Door Woofer