Passenger Door won't open on my Boxster 1997

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:39 AM
Graham Forsaith
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Door won't open on my Boxster 1997

Hi
The passenger door opens with the key perfectly. And it locks again perfectly.
The passenger door has decided to stay shut and I cannot get it open to take the door card off and have a look.
Any advice on this one please ?
I do not have an alarm system but it does have a central locking rocker switch on the console just above the roof opening switches. Seems to have red light at times but does nothing when activated.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,167 Likes on 3,931 Posts

Even if the door is stuck locked, from the inside pulling the handle twice would open in - first pull would mechanically unlock it and the second pull would pop it open. It's possible the handle has come apart from the pull wire that activates the latch at the strikeplate, but it would be really unusual for neither the inside nor outside handle to work. If neither does, try the double pull from the inside handle, then try opening the door with the outside handle. It's going to be nearly impossible to get the door card off without damaging it if you can't get the door open if the 986 is the same as the 987 and 997 because one of the screws that holds the panel on is under the trim plate on the end of the door - all the others could likely be accessed from inside the car, though cramped as that would be. You might move the post over to the Boxster or 996 forum in case the panel attachment is different on those earlier models (you posted into the 997 forum).

Quick Reply: Passenger Door won't open on my Boxster 1997