Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 01:11 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Nice work. How did you tap the Bose FO cable? If you write that part up we can add a proper diy on this. I think its the best deal out there for Bluetooth streaming.

Where did you clip your mic? I put mine under the steering wheel and seems hVe good sound quality. No complaints.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

To be clear: if you dont have CD changer: is it then possible to install and add the CD changer in the PCM?

Or is there a different kit? Or is it not at all possible with the normal CD PCM?

Would be interesting to see how to control/steer it in a video. I don’t have steering wheel buttons and would hate to go back to the PCM for changing tracks etc.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:11 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Racetwin2
To be clear: if you dont have CD changer: is it then possible to install and add the CD changer in the PCM?

Or is there a different kit? Or is it not at all possible with the normal CD PCM?

Would be interesting to see how to control/steer it in a video. I don’t have steering wheel buttons and would hate to go back to the PCM for changing tracks etc.
Hi - I dont totally understand your first question:

if you dont have CD changer: is it then possible to install and add the CD changer in the PCM?
It works wether you have the basic in dash CD player in the PCM 2.1, like me, or an external CD changer in the trunk.

It works with both PCM controls and steering wheel controls for song forward, back, volume, phone, etc.

The unit does everything the Dension and Mobridge do except allow you to browse your playlists and songs in the PCM. It only shows the current song being played. I haven't found this to be a limitation at all considering how slow the PCM is.

The other limitation is it cant sync your phone address book to the PCM address book. If you really want to use the PCM address book you need to manually add contacts. I haven't found this to be a material issue.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:42 PM
pbxtr!!
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
Nice work. How did you tap the Bose FO cable? If you write that part up we can add a proper diy on this. I think its the best deal out there for Bluetooth streaming.

Where did you clip your mic? I put mine under the steering wheel and seems hVe good sound quality. No complaints.
I placed mic on a cubby hole in the instrument panel - see attached photos. Fits great there.

Modification to the FO cable supplied and the existing Bose FO cable is just like described on the instructions (Type 1 diagram). Just pay attention to the arrows on diagram and cables. Disconnecting individual cables from end connectors is the only fiddly work - patience is needed and magnifying glass will help find arrows on them.
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
8KaboveMSL (12-30-2020)
Old 11-06-2017, 01:58 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

That's awesome and exactly what I'm looking for. Does this work with Bose? (Scrolled through and didn't see this mentioned).
Old 11-06-2017, 02:10 PM
pbxtr!!
Advanced

Yes.

I have PCM 2.1 with BOSE and external 6-CD changer. Works great. The external CD changer FO cable needs to be bypassed with the provided cable splice/connector, and will not work after that.

Not sure what you would do if you do not have an external CD changer, May need to have Dealer activate that loop - that is what I had to do in my old car to make the Dension system work. Email the seller.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:26 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Seller says the CD changer loop needs to be activated in order to use the device. So unless you know that the headunit has this loop active, then it probably won't work for those of us with single in-dash CD. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:15 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jeebus31
Seller says the CD changer loop needs to be activated in order to use the device. So unless you know that the headunit has this loop active, then it probably won't work for those of us with single in-dash CD. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Im not sure. I don't totally understand the problem.

As mentioned, I have a single in-dash CD - no CD changer - and it works fine for me.

That being said, I was able to reuse the fiber cable from an old Mobridge previously installed in my car. If there was any issue, maybe it was solved then. I dont know.

Its the same basic install as a Dension or Mobridge so I would search how others have addressed the problem, if it is one.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:16 AM
pbxtr!!
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheBruce
Im not sure. I don't totally understand the problem.

As mentioned, I have a single in-dash CD - no CD changer - and it works fine for me.

That being said, I was able to reuse the fiber cable from an old Mobridge previously installed in my car. If there was any issue, maybe it was solved then. I dont know.

Its the same basic install as a Dension or Mobridge so I would search how others have addressed the problem, if it is one.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful.
Since you already had a Mobridge the CD changer loop was previously activated/programmed.

If you never had a CD changer, and that loop has never been programmed, you probably need to go to the dealer and have it activated. I did that for my old Boxster when I installed a Dension system. They charged me 1/2 hr labor to do that.

But notice I said "probably" - since maybe the PCM 2.1 is different from the CDR-24 I had on my Boxster.

I have used this now for 4 days and really recommend it for music streaming. Have not used the phone much since cabriolet noise is too intrusive.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:59 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pbxtr!!
Since you already had a Mobridge the CD changer loop was previously activated/programmed.

If you never had a CD changer, and that loop has never been programmed, you probably need to go to the dealer and have it activated. I did that for my old Boxster when I installed a Dension system. They charged me 1/2 hr labor to do that.

But notice I said "probably" - since maybe the PCM 2.1 is different from the CDR-24 I had on my Boxster.

I have used this now for 4 days and really recommend it for music streaming. Have not used the phone much since cabriolet noise is too intrusive.
Interesting. Thx! Seems painless if its required. Can an Indy do it with PIWIS or does it need to be a dealer code?

Re mic - mine has been working great. The only issue I found is when the sunroof is open and volume is turned way up the caller gets an echo. Once you turn the volume down it goes away.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:27 AM
TV911
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this the unit you're talking about?
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-08-2017, 11:35 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TV911
Is this the unit you're talking about?
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Han.../dp/B0756XCG7G
Thats the one. If you want to email him directly to order he said he will give another ~$10 discount.

leica919@gmail.com
Old 11-08-2017, 08:00 PM
rednerrus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's up everyone. I just bought this unit, but haven't had time to install it yet.
I have a a cd changer and bose. My 997 also has Tooki and OP-P (yeah you know me!) Installed. Will this make my install easier or harder?
Im not planning on keeping the Tookie and OP-P (yeah you know me!).
Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 PM
T.Hasse
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed in Cayenne PCM 2.1

Hi guys, new to this forum, but enjoying the great stuff in here.

TheBruce: could you plz tell me your setup before installation.
Did you have telephone and handset installed before LaPower installation?
Did you activate or deactivate anything in PCM?

Reason I ask: I had the telephone modul installed in my Cayenne, and my iPhone didn’t connect with PCM-Tel (could make calls, but didn’t show in PCM). It did also connect with music-streaming, without any issues. I then disconnected the phone-modul, made a loop on the fiber-cable, and connected iPhone again with bluetooth. The IPhone came alive in the PCM, and is now showing as you described, BUT the PCM startup-screen now shows Phone-modul not active, which I have to confirm -and I can’t create contacts in PCM-TEL.

I can use MFSTW and the streaming is awesome, both talk and music, but would like the startup-screen to start “normal” without errors👍🏽

Bonus info: You can several bluetooth-parts -I have IPad mini and two iPhones connected at the same time.

Looking forward to your reply👌🏽😊
Old 11-13-2017, 12:48 AM
rednerrus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone please tell me if there is some kind of indicator that would confirm is the unit is powered, like a light or something? Im not quite sure if my splicing worked or not. Im still getting the "no amp" message as well.

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?