Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy with used 911 questions

Old 10-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Lugnutty
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Wow - That's the worst list I've ever seen. Both of my 997s have been awesome - even fewer issues then my Infiniti QX56, combined.

You must have received what we call in manufacturing a "Friday car" where everyone is ready to leave for the weekend.
Yeah, it kinda seems that way. Add to that that every job on this car is complicated by something... For instance, the first time I took the wheels off, both front wheels were fused on! It took a lot of force and creative prying with padded implements to get them off. Then the pins in the brake calipers had corroded a little bit, just enough for them not to slide nicely through the caliper while tapping them out... Everything on this car is like that. And, again, that's with a PPI and good maintenance records. Sometimes there's just no way to know, I guess.

But once again, trying to find the positives: I also didn't have any bore scoring issues!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:26 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Wow - That's the worst list I've ever seen. Both of my 997s have been awesome - even fewer issues then my Infiniti QX56, combined.

You must have received what we call in manufacturing a "Friday car" where everyone is ready to leave for the weekend.
Glad to here that after reading that list. RJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New guy with used 911 questions