Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Option codes VS cars pics

Old 10-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Option codes VS cars pics

Looking into a nice 4s x51 the owners sends pics on the car it has sport chrono and thicker steering wheel... but... this is the pic of the second page of the service book... Lacks both xpa and 639 or 640.... Can this be real or is it just fake.. never seen this
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2017, 09:15 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

You didn't say what MY your 997 is. What are you asking is "real or fake" - the option sticker or the actual options? Does the option sticker have a VIN where you marked it off? If so you can verify that the sticker goes with the car. How about the other options listed - are they on the car?

The steering wheel is easily explained - I've swapped a multi-function wheel for an XPA wheel purchased from Suncoast - maybe previous owner did this.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

get the vin and look it up your self, and get full pictures of the car
Old 10-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

MY 2006, yes its the VIN that I marked with black. Don´t wont to lay it out in public with respect to the seller.
Of course a steering wheel can be exchanged but then its the sport chrono. The gauge and software can be put in afterwards but the sports button and wires to the PASM not. My question is more have anyone seen before if porsche forgot some options,
any one have a decoder that put out the options? Or is it 10 $ and suncoast that is the best... I have plenty of pics but not of the vin plate in the window or the chassinumber. ( dont even know where they put it on a 997 2006)
Old 10-14-2017, 02:51 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Henrik964
MY 2006, yes its the VIN that I marked with black. Don´t wont to lay it out in public with respect to the seller.
Of course a steering wheel can be exchanged but then its the sport chrono. The gauge and software can be put in afterwards but the sports button and wires to the PASM not. My question is more have anyone seen before if porsche forgot some options,
any one have a decoder that put out the options? Or is it 10 $ and suncoast that is the best... I have plenty of pics but not of the vin plate in the window or the chassinumber. ( dont even know where they put it on a 997 2006)
Enter the vin of the car at the end of this URL (instead of the X's) and you will get the window sticker:

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...php?vin=XXXXXX
Old 10-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ATSR
Enter the vin of the car at the end of this URL (instead of the X's) and you will get the window sticker:

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...php?vin=XXXXXX
Thanks, I tried that, does nor work for me, its a ROW car, maybe its that. Anyone know the location of the stamped chassinumber of a 997 2006?
Old 10-14-2017, 03:58 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks, I tried that, does nor work for me, its a ROW car, maybe its that. Anyone know the location of the stamped chassinumber of a 997 2006?
You're correct - that VIN finder only works on PCNA cars, not ROW. Not sure about chassis number but in the US the VIN is:

Vehicle identification number
In accordance with Federal Safety Regulations,
the vehicle identification number of your car is located
at the bottom left of the windshield frame
and can be seen from the outside.
The vehicle identification number is in the luggage
compartment under the battery cover and at the
bottom left behind the windshield (near where the battery vent tube exits).
Old 10-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
You're correct - that VIN finder only works on PCNA cars, not ROW. Not sure about chassis number but in the US the VIN is:

Vehicle identification number
In accordance with Federal Safety Regulations,
the vehicle identification number of your car is located
at the bottom left of the windshield frame
and can be seen from the outside.
The vehicle identification number is in the luggage
compartment under the battery cover and at the
bottom left behind the windshield (near where the battery vent tube exits).
Its the same but in europe we refer to the one stamped in the metal chassi number. Its actually the first one from the production line before its decided what market its going to. For example on the 964 You have the two numbers differs on the first couples figures US is WP0AB etc and ROW WPOZZZ ect. The sign on the a pillar is the WP0AB and the stamped in number above the spare is always WPOZZZ.... I dont know if its the same on the 997. Have not checked
However later on on the production line market is decided and the signs are put in...To me a while to figure this out on my old 964..

This car is interesting because it got no service between 32000 km and 80 000 km .. and now its a brand new engine in at 85000 km. Wonder why engines brake down...
Old 10-15-2017, 01:34 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/porsche
Old 10-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by okbarnett
Much info but can You put in a VION and get out all the options Yourself? Not very intuitive
Old 10-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

OK, got a full print of VIN with optional out. The sticker in the book does NOT contain alla the options on the car. The pics shows all i got out from the VIN /option print. Has anyone seen this before?? Should not the sticker have it all??
Old 10-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Rampage
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

OK, got a full print of VIN with optional out. The sticker in the book does NOT contain alla the options on the car. The pics shows all i got out from the VIN /option print. Has anyone seen this before?? Should not the sticker have it all??
Just checked my sticker under the hood, and I don't think mine has everything either.

How did you get the full VIN print out?

I've tried the online VIN decoder and I don't think it's listing everything either ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Option codes VS cars pics