Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dings, scratches and scuffs, let a pro fix em?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 07:41 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Dings, scratches and scuffs, let a pro fix em?

My Carrera 4 was hit yesterday. Almost one year to the day of my last collision oddly enough. Car was parked at a friend's place and a Tacoma truck was parked right next to me, and I mean right next to me. When I came back the door was can-opener'ed and my mirror was hanging. I had a note on my windshield from a witness saying the truck backed up and nailed my car, and then left. Silver lining is the witness gave me the license plate number. Damage is serious and up high on the radius portion of the door. Mirror and glass destroyed. Door is FUBAR. Deep gouges and denting about 7" almost through the metal. My guess is the door goes.....but I'll ask the body shop to correct the little dings and scrapes along the driver's side that have accumulated from zooming down to ATX and just merely parking in Dallas, which is hazardous. I'd think the bodyshop at the dealer can do all this......but the hits and runs keep on coming. WTF is wrong with people these days?
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:06 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, that sucks. Sorry. I've had that happen to other cars here in DFW. What area of Dallas? Not that it matters. Hope you find the perp and waterboard him.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:10 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Hate to see that...parking in Texas can be a challenge. Any cameras nearby and are you going to file a police report? You might check with your insurance company and see what next steps they recommend. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:19 PM
IX XI
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely painful to see. And I completely agree, not sure what’s wrong with the drivers in Dallas but I’ve experienced the same. Came back to my car parked in a garage only to see someone had rear-ended it. No notes or witnesses.

And not the first time I’ve had something similar happen to one of my cars.

It’s beyond frustrating. Hopefully you can find justice since you have their plate number.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:20 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry buddy - that's when I installed 24/7 cameras on my cars. Not sure if it would have caught the vehicle leaving as the cameras are front & rear but they are very good. Hope this person gets nailed.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:22 PM
voiceprint1
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 80 Posts

At least you have something to go by. I would be curious how the insurance claim will play out on this. We got sideswiped by an uber driver (who hit three other cars) luckily there was a note on one of the three cars, otherwise we would have had no clue.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:04 PM
rwdds
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jkw911
Sorry buddy - that's when I installed 24/7 cameras on my cars. Not sure if it would have caught the vehicle leaving as the cameras are front & rear but they are very good. Hope this person gets nailed.

I agree and really want to get F/B cameras as well. What brand and model dash cameras did you install? Maybe others are interested... I know I am!
Old 09-19-2017, 04:22 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My main concern would be a Carfax report. If you can get the A hole to pay out of pocket, thats the ticket. Get the car repaired by a Porsche certified shop, pay cash (from what the A hole gave you) and be happy.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:10 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Stuart's on Plano Road, Northeast Dallas, is a certified Porsche collision center. Park Place Bodywerks too. Stuart's did the PDR on my Porsche after a hail storm. Great job.
T
Old 09-19-2017, 08:44 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEV8
My Carrera 4 was hit yesterday. Almost one year to the day of my last collision oddly enough. Car was parked at a friend's place and a Tacoma truck was parked right next to me, and I mean right next to me. When I came back the door was can-opener'ed and my mirror was hanging. I had a note on my windshield from a witness saying the truck backed up and nailed my car, and then left. Silver lining is the witness gave me the license plate number. Damage is serious and up high on the radius portion of the door. Mirror and glass destroyed. Door is FUBAR. Deep gouges and denting about 7" almost through the metal. My guess is the door goes.....but I'll ask the body shop to correct the little dings and scrapes along the driver's side that have accumulated from zooming down to ATX and just merely parking in Dallas, which is hazardous. I'd think the bodyshop at the dealer can do all this......but the hits and runs keep on coming. WTF is wrong with people these days?
Really sorry for you. This made me sick when I read it Please keep this thread updated if you have the time and please let us know if the person responsible is found and held accountable.
Bill
Old 09-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Get that guy charged with a hit and run.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

All of these hit and run low-lifes should be prosecuted and held financially responsible for the damages. I too added 24/7 cameras F&R to my DD so hopefully if it gets hit, I will have something to prove it up and ID the responsible.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Yes the insurance will show up if I market the car. Likely I'd trade it but this car is more than enough to keep a while, dings and all. Stuart's or PPBW for sure. USAA has already sent me a check for the first $1k.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

100 bucks says it's not a male driver. Sorry to hear your about this and hope you get quick resolution.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 PM
ricster1965
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I never park my porsches anywhere out of my site. Thats why I have daily drivers for that.

Quick Reply: Dings, scratches and scuffs, let a pro fix em?