Sponsored by:

PCM Touchscreen/Buttons not responsive

Old 09-14-2017, 11:51 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Touchscreen/Buttons not responsive

Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me out. My PCM input buttons and touchscreen no longer works. It happened once recently, but fixed itself without me doing anything. This most recent time seems to be more permanent. The radio/navigation works if I use the lever on the steering column to control it. So I'm able to scroll through radio presets as well as set navigation for my last locations.

If you look at the image attached, you can see that none of the buttons are lit up, does that mean there are no power going to it?

I tried to pull the fuse out with the help of this diagram

https://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsc...diagram-376033

I pulled out row D, column f10 (the last one on the right labelled F10) but it didn't help.

Anyone with any idea or experience this? Any suggestions before I bring it in to the shop? I've tried to search, found lots of different issues with the PCM but not this specific one. The car is a 2009 c4s cab.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2017, 01:55 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

Bump to see if anyone has recommendations.

Originally Posted by whiskey
Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me out. My PCM input buttons and touchscreen no longer works. It happened once recently, but fixed itself without me doing anything. This most recent time seems to be more permanent. The radio/navigation works if I use the lever on the steering column to control it. So I'm able to scroll through radio presets as well as set navigation for my last locations.

If you look at the image attached, you can see that none of the buttons are lit up, does that mean there are no power going to it?

I tried to pull the fuse out with the help of this diagram

https://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsc...diagram-376033

I pulled out row D, column f10 (the last one on the right labelled F10) but it didn't help.

Anyone with any idea or experience this? Any suggestions before I bring it in to the shop? I've tried to search, found lots of different issues with the PCM but not this specific one. The car is a 2009 c4s cab.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:36 PM
whiskey
Intermediate

One last bump before I go to dealer.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:07 PM
Burnt McGurnt
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue with a 2010 cayenne also with a PCM 3.0. The touchscreen isn't responding but the selection buttons on the steering wheel still work.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:13 PM
Burnt McGurnt
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking for suggestions on where a PCM 3.0 could be repaired. I've tried pulling fuse 11 and have manipulated all wires and connections to no avail. Touchscreen and rotating dials are unresponsive, all buttons still work, steering wheel controls still work. Display still works. bluetooth still works.

I found another post by Whiskey the OP and they replaced with aftermarket after taking it to the dealership who couldn't help.

$3999 new from suncoast yikes
Old 01-01-2021, 07:54 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnt McGurnt
Looking for suggestions on where a PCM 3.0 could be repaired. I've tried pulling fuse 11 and have manipulated all wires and connections to no avail. Touchscreen and rotating dials are unresponsive, all buttons still work, steering wheel controls still work. Display still works. bluetooth still works.

I found another post by Whiskey the OP and they replaced with aftermarket after taking it to the dealership who couldn't help.

$3999 new from suncoast yikes
Have you tried disconnecting your battery - leaving it disconnected for 15 minutes or so, and then reconnecting? Zero cost and it may work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM Touchscreen/Buttons not responsive