Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at purchasing a 2007 997, what do I need to know?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 02:10 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueE30
That's great to hear and I appreciate you giving your opinion on pricing on it. There's only one other turbo around that is listed for the same price with 66,000 km (about 42k miles) and hasn't sold for months so I'm not really sure what market pricing on these is right now for a perfect one.

What's the name of the Indy shop? I'm located like 10 mins from the border, Bellingham airport is about a 20 minute drive for me and flights to the west(ish) area are easy and cheap cheap, wouldn't mind travelling for a mint one.
It's RAC Performance in Dallas. They generally have several for sale at any given time. Keep checking it if you don't see one that strikes you as the inventory seems to turn over often...maybe just another tool for your reference as you shop around. I've not done business with them so am not providing a personal endorsement for buying experience, but many folks here on the forum have had good things to say on that. I've certainly slobbered over many of their cars at their shop though, and they seem like good folks. Keep in mind that their ask prices are pretty high so that might give you a feel for the market at the very top end, at least in this geography.

http://www.racperformance.com/invent...1&Make=Porsche
Old 09-09-2017, 02:17 PM
BlueE30
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alwayswantedone
It's RAC Performance in Dallas. They generally have several for sale at any given time. Keep checking it if you don't see one that strikes you as the inventory seems to turn over often...maybe just another tool for your reference as you shop around. I've not done business with them so am not providing a personal endorsement for buying experience, but many folks here on the forum have had good things to say on that. I've certainly slobbered over many of their cars at their shop though, and they seem like good folks. Keep in mind that their ask prices are pretty high so that might give you a feel for the market at the very top end, at least in this geography.

http://www.racperformance.com/invent...1&Make=Porsche
Awesome, great information and great resource. My main thing is finding a mint, low mileage one which it appears they have a few available. If this one up here doesn't check out I'll consider heading down south for one. Pretty easy to bring it up to Canada. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:24 PM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

You bet, and good luck! If there's anything I can do to help, since I live here, I'm happy to do it. Several guys on here helped me when I was searching for my car so happy to pay it forward. Happy to go look at cars over there, take pics, look them over, etc. before you commit to travel...if you have interest in anything in the Dallas area just PM me. Disclaimer - I'm not at all a turbo expert, but I can look at the basics for you with an engineer's OCD eye before you throw down $ on travel.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Subscribed
Old 09-09-2017, 02:57 PM
ddhleigh
Track Day

Originally Posted by BlueE30
Awesome, great information and great resource. My main thing is finding a mint, low mileage one which it appears they have a few available. If this one up here doesn't check out I'll consider heading down south for one. Pretty easy to bring it up to Canada. Thanks again, much appreciated.
That would be awesome if you update. If you import please let me know if you're doing all the paperwork yourself or if you're going to hire a broker to do it. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:22 PM
BlueE30
AutoX

alwayswantedone - thank you very much for the help

The 29,000 km one I found locally ticked all the boxes. We agreed on $98,000 CDN, I gave a deposit and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

It is a 2007 Turbo, grey with biege interior, near new Michelin PSS tires, brakes are good, was in at Porsche 500 kms ago and has history of all services completed at Porsche. Also doesn't have a mark on it. Was more than we were wanting to spend but ultimately, I believe we got a car that will appreciate in value and be an all around near perfect car for us.

Thank you Rennlist and will look forward to introducing it in the near future!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 AM
BlueE30
AutoX

Just thought I would update this. This is the vehicle, it's absolutely amazing and such an awesome ride. I had previously driven a 996 NA for about 30 minutes and never again was fortunate enough to drive a Porsche. Driving this home was remarkable. It smelt new, drove as new and was an absolute riot to cruise in. Thank you Rennlist for the assistant and steering me in the direction of this beauty!

Name:  KvnfHJX.png
Views: 14
Size:  4.83 MB
Old 09-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Very nice car!!!! Congrats!!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:37 AM
alwayswantedone
Instructor

Beautiful car, E30. Looks like meteor gray, which mine is as well. My favorite color on the 997, and took me a good while to find one! Enjoy, have tons of fun, and don't look back!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Looks great, and I'm partial to meteor gray.

Now, go get yourself some clear side marker lenses and a Porsche front license plate bracket. Screwing the plate directly to the bumper looks wonky.

Enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: Looking at purchasing a 2007 997, what do I need to know?