Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Chirofirst
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on purchase on experience! thanks for sharing it!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:49 PM
n1gels
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My wife and I did the trip from Seattle to Point Reyes when we got "Moby" our 997.2. It was an epic drive, and your post brought back lots of great memories!

One particular memory comes to mind. My wife and I were taking turns in the driver's seat. At one point, we pulled over to admire the view and I got talking to a Porsche aficionado who wanted to photograph my car. Well, my wife decided that I'd spent too much time chatting, and the next thing I know she's stolen the driver's seat from me, has fired up the 911, and is making "I'm going, how about you?" eyes at me. It was then that I realized that I was going to have to fight for every minute in driver's seat of "my" car. And what a wonderful thing it is to have a car nut of a wife!

Hey, you made it down to @david's neck of the woods and missed running into him. How is that possible?

Enjoy your awesome new car!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:59 PM
loungin
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks everyone! Finally got my windshield replaced today. The weatherstrip trim around the glass looks weird but at least the wind noise is gone now.

Originally Posted by Definitive Porsche Guides
Great photos and one lovely 997
Have you thought about clear rear quarter panel defenders, it would make that lovely curvy silver body flow better
I had the quarter panels clear wrapped so I can just take off those magnetic guards but since PO left them to me I thought I might as well leave them on. There’s a couple of silver 997s in the area so this way I know it’s mine

Originally Posted by Cramp
Beautiful car! Man, I love the Redwoods too.
I have dreams of selling everything and buying a Cayenne to tow an Airstream and just live there for a while.

Originally Posted by MDMX997
Love the whale-watching info board next to the 'whale'. Enjoy in good health.
The car kind of resembles the whale picture lol. Thanks!

Originally Posted by braymond52
Hey, Shush! You've giving away all my favorite driving roads!
Don’t worry. Those roads are quite a trek to get to and it’s foggy most of the time.

Originally Posted by n1gels
My wife and I did the trip from Seattle to Point Reyes when we got "Moby" our 997.2. It was an epic drive, and your post brought back lots of great memories!

It was then that I realized that I was going to have to fight for every minute in driver's seat of "my" car. And what a wonderful thing it is to have a car nut of a wife!
Another whale?

Ours is for my car loving wife to DD since she’s bugged me about getting one for two years now. Otherwise I would not get to enjoy such incredible cars. And she insisted on silver, bi xenon, 6MT, and 305 rear tires so we checked off all the boxes.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:10 AM
loungin
Pro

Sigh. Just listed my car for sale. I will miss it. I hope it goes to an enthusiast who will care for it. Please let me know if you are interested. Would like it to stay local or at least to another rennlister.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1149188
Old 06-24-2019, 04:19 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by loungin
Sigh. Just listed my car for sale. I will miss it. I hope it goes to an enthusiast who will care for it. Please let me know if you are interested. Would like it to stay local or at least to another rennlister.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1149188
What are you replacing it with?
Old 06-24-2019, 01:16 PM
loungin
Pro

Lol funny that is the first assumption. Something newer with pdk. Trying to consolidate a few cars with something that combines the best of both worlds and add some contrast to thin the fleet. This car has too much overlap with my GT4 and I bought that new so I’d rather keep that one. I found that I’m not comfortable daily driving it. I feel much more relaxed driving a nice beater car in the jungle of distracted drivers out there rather than something that is possibly collectible.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:26 PM
Rogueman1
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations. The wonderful world of .2
My favorite

Ah I just noticed you were selling. GLWS. What a great car. Personally, I would keep it. Unless you found an RS 4.0 to replace it

Last edited by Rogueman1; 06-24-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:11 PM
loungin
Pro

Originally Posted by Rogueman1
Congratulations. The wonderful world of .2
My favorite

Ah I just noticed you were selling. GLWS. What a great car. Personally, I would keep it. Unless you found an RS 4.0 to replace it
I would if I had the space but still I would need to simplify my life. Too much time spent on cars.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:07 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

In Klamath ---- is that the High Bluff Overlook ? Great sunsets up there and flowers along the way.

I took these while there (old Zeiss Contax and Leica lenses on a Sony mirrorless).

Old 06-24-2019, 03:16 PM
loungin
Pro

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
In Klamath ---- is that the High Bluff Overlook ? Great sunsets up there and flowers along the way.
I think so. That’s got to be my favorite road trip ever and possibly my favorite place in the world. Sad to have to sell the car.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:35 AM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by loungin
I think so. That’s got to be my favorite road trip ever and possibly my favorite place in the world. Sad to have to sell the car.

We stayed at the campground on the right at the bottom of the road (2 month PNW trip) . If you keep going up that road you end up at some kind of correctional facility. Pretty nice view for felons.

It's a good drive all though that area and on into Canada and Victoria Island etc. Lots of beauty. Sorry you have to part with the car.

Quick Reply: Hello 997.2