Sponsored by:

Who's NOT lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 05:47 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Fight the dark side. Riding high & loving it.
T
Me too Tommy!

Tom
Old 09-02-2017, 09:57 PM
jwagman99
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lowered

It's great for track use but I am driving a 2006 911 S with the X51 power kit and pasm. I did t lower this car and its fantastic on track and street
Old 09-03-2017, 04:21 PM
red carrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

This is why.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:24 PM
red carrera
Instructor

Think I need all the fender clearance I can get.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:45 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

Not lowered. 7 mm & 15 mm spacers...
Attached Images   
Old 09-03-2017, 10:38 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by red carrera

Think I need all the fender clearance I can get.
Why? I drive all year in Toronto on H&R's with lots more snow than that with no clearance issues
Old 09-03-2017, 10:57 PM
fins
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

how many inches is the wheel gap in a base C2 compared to C2S?
Old 09-04-2017, 11:49 AM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 997 GTS with SPASM plenty loe

no need low, needs a wash and detail asap
Old 09-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by love2drive
no need low, needs a wash and detail asap
Needs spacers in the rear.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:20 PM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
I hesitate to alter Porsche's optimal design choice. They already extended the rear wheel base for this rwd GTS. While I'm sure the rear would look a little better with spacers, I feel spacers might impact performance. If not, why wouldn't they have extended the base a little further?

Michelin Super Sports, Sharkwerks center muffler bypass, Porsche short shift kit, and euro style clear side lamps are the only changes i can bring myself to make on this car and have a clear conscious.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:08 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

I hesitate to alter Porsche's optimal design choice. They already extended the rear wheel base for this rwd GTS. While I'm sure the rear would look a little better with spacers, I feel spacers might impact performance. If not, why wouldn't they have extended the base a little further?

Michelin Super Sports, Sharkwerks center muffler bypass, Porsche short shift kit, and euro style clear side lamps are the only changes i can bring myself to make on this car and have a clear conscious.

Can't do spacers with CL wheels. Only way to change the wheel base, front or rear is with aftermarket wheels.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Can't do spacers with CL wheels. Only way to change the wheel base, front or rear is with aftermarket wheels.
. . . Sorry. Did not look that close. Was on iPhone and just saw sucked in looking wheel profiles in the rear that really stood out for some reason.

Lol about the concern that spacers in the rear will hinder performance and the clear conscious comment. Easily reversible mod and I shutter to think what I have done to cars over the years. There is always room for improvement in many areas on 911s.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:00 PM
red carrera
Instructor

Originally Posted by vern1
Why? I drive all year in Toronto on H&R's with lots more snow than that with no clearance issues
You may not do the distances I do. Castle Rock to Bigfork is 1020 miles. Bigfork to Jackson, WY is 500 miles, Bigfork to Big Sky is over 300 miles. I'm always rubbing on packed fender wells on arrival. I've had to chip out the fronts to obtain full lock.

The car doesn't have the luxury of a heated garage to thaw except when I'm in one of our homes.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:26 PM
onsickm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

. . . Sorry. Did not look that close. Was on iPhone and just saw sucked in looking wheel profiles in the rear that really stood out for some reason.

Lol about the concern that spacers in the rear will hinder performance and the clear conscious comment. Easily reversible mod and I shutter to think what I have done to cars over the years. There is always room for improvement in many areas on 911s.
I have always wondered why Porsche (or BMW) didn't extend base further to eliminate need for spacers. I am sure there is a reason that "I" don't know. Some say to allow for chains for snow. I doubt that as who would drive this car in heavy snow anyways. There are mixed feedback on this but one common thing is it would hurt the suspension somehow
Old 09-04-2017, 08:36 PM
red carrera
Instructor

Originally Posted by onsickm
I have always wondered why Porsche (or BMW) didn't extend base further to eliminate need for spacers. I am sure there is a reason that "I" don't know. Some say to allow for chains for snow. I doubt that as who would drive this car in heavy snow anyways. There are mixed feedback on this but one common thing is it would hurt the suspension somehow
I guess I'm the dummy who drives in heavy snow. The clear days I might miss make up for the really heavy days when I leave the car parked and ski to the lift, then walk back or bum a ride home at night.

Quick Reply: Who's NOT lowered?