Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console melted while at the dealership, any ideas on how?

Old 08-30-2017, 10:52 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 384 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by BMFX
Latest update.

Service Manager GM: "Any shop light we use isn't hot enough to cause that." And "We've made our decision and we don't believe we are at fault and your only option is to contact your insurance company."

PCNA reached out but didn't apply any pressure sadly, and the above was after my PCNA rep reached out. So disappointed by that.

Talked to my insurance company they instantly said I had a claim - now I need to debate between buying the part used and doing it myself or filing a claim and paying the $250 deductible and have it professionally done.

Not sure in the long run how bad filing a claim will be, it's not an at fault claim so my agent didn't think it would dramatically hurt me, but it could have some impact down the road.

Thoughts?
Contact Eric - Plug Guy (post #39 above). He can offer you a perfect fix.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Marshal_Mercer
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMFX
Spoke to the overall GM of the dealership yesterday, who flat out said without photos before coming in he is going to deny it.

(Service manager was out of town for a week).

Not really sure beyond that who to go up to next. Reaching out to my third party warranty company today, praying there is photos that show the interior of the car from when they came out to approve the job.
You might ask to be shown the Service Desk's check-in sheet. That lists dents, etc., when the car arrives. Take a photo of that. The list should describe your console's condition, if it was damaged upon arrival.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marshal_Mercer
You might ask to be shown the Service Desk's check-in sheet. That lists dents, etc., when the car arrives. Take a photo of that. The list should describe your console's condition if it was damaged upon arrival.
Our dealer is very good. They go around the car and make notes.
They do the inside as well. After a thorough twice over, they compare the notes with us and have me sign it.
My car is very clean however, they still make a list.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:19 PM
RennPartsDirect
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have brand new black center consoles. You can simply swap everything over to the new one and be good to go. If you're interested, please send me a PM and I'll send you some pictures and pricing. I also have one for sale in the classified section that I'll sell you for the same price as your deductible...
Old 09-12-2017, 02:45 AM
BMFX
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Final update.

PCNA reached back out and offered me $500 Porsche credit as an apology, I appreciate it. Of course, I wish it was the dealer admitting fault.

My driver side door was put back together less than ideally, so I redid that process and tightened it down. (needs to be removed to redo the sunroof assembly).

My button to open / close the sunroof is now out of place in the top of the roof. Not going to take it in for that at the moment, once I make the move to SD in a few weeks I'll likely take it in to have it looked at / I'll do some research and see if I wanna tackle that one myself too.

I replaced the center console with a cayman's for $275 off ebay. Took about 2 and a half hours (I am slow) but it looks awesome now.) Bitter I wasted so much time back and forth with the dealer over such a small amount of time and money but I guess it was the principle that mattered.

For giggles, I just ordered some 3M wrap, and am going to "play" with the destroyed center console, and see if I can make a cool gloss black center console out of it for fun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Center console melted while at the dealership, any ideas on how?