Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Pics of GT3 or RS or similar rear spoiler on non GT3 997.1 or .2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 08:07 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Any Pics of GT3 or RS or similar rear spoiler on non GT3 997.1 or .2?

I have an aerokit/GT3 front bumper on my guards red 997.1 C2S and I am really considering a 997.2 GT3 (or maybe even GT3 RS type) rear wing. I have never been much of a rear spoiler fan, but the more I see the 997.2, 991.1 and now the 991.2 GT3 rear spoiler, the more I really like the way it makes the car look. I would be leaning more towards the 997.2 GT3 (non-RS) version, because, IIRC, it was also offered as an "aerokit" option, so it isn't really making it a wannabe GT3. Also would serve some function for me, as I have the front end already done and plan to track the car, so better downforce would help. I also really like that the 997.2, 991.1 and 991.2 rear spoiler has the same basic design and profile, so it will stand the test of time. (I am not a big fan of the 997.1 GT3 rear spoiler and especially the 996 taco spoiler).

Anyone have any pictures? Are there any fairly affordable aftermarket versions out there?

TIA
Old 08-19-2017, 05:00 AM
swoardrider
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

My wannabe GT3 RS. The previous owner built it. I bought the car this way from a dealership, but also got the old stock parts too. I believe the wing and deck lid is http://www.gettydesign.com
It's not perfect, but it's not $12k OEM prices either

Old 08-19-2017, 05:36 AM
TheLex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG - I want my GTS to look like this! Is this the car that was advertised on 6Speed for the longest time? I tried to email the guy but he was always away.

Is the matte finish XPEL or something like that?

Originally Posted by swoardrider
My wannabe GT3 RS. The previous owner built it. I bought the car this way from a dealership, but also got the old stock parts too. I believe the wing and deck lid is http://www.gettydesign.com

Old 08-19-2017, 11:33 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Interesting. Just went to the website. What a piece of crap website. So few pictures and details and misspellings all over the place. To be honest, I'd expect the wings to be $500 from a site so bad. It looks like yours with a few options would be around $5k? How would anyone spend 5k on a wing from a website that there are so few pictures to show what the actual product looks like? This isn't being critical uounyou, as I am glad you posted a reply. It does look like they are around 1/2 hour from me, so maybe it is worth a drive over to take a look at what they really look like.

Do you happen to have any other pictures of how yours looks?

Old 08-19-2017, 05:16 PM
swoardrider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodH
Do you happen to have any other pictures of how yours looks?
Here you go

I wish!!! 🤤
Old 08-19-2017, 05:29 PM
swoardrider
Rennlist Member

As you can see, it doesn't line up perfectly, and there is a gap in the third brake light 😡
I got the car so cheap that I can't complain tho. Nobody wanted to buy it because they didn't know what the paint looked like under the vinyl wrap. Little did they know that its not vinyl, but actually 3M paint protectant in a matte finish. The black you see is the real paint. It's about $12k worth of paint shield on this car, according to my wrap guy. So when I go to peel it off someday, the paint should be like new.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

As you can see, it doesn't line up perfectly, and there is a gap in the third brake light 😡
I got the car so cheap that I can't complain tho. Nobody wanted to buy it because they didn't know what the paint looked like under the vinyl wrap. Little did they know that its not vinyl, but actually 3M paint protectant in a matte finish. The black you see is the real paint. It's about $12k worth of paint shield on this car, according to my wrap guy. So when I go to peel it off someday, the paint should be like new.

love it
Old 08-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the .1 GT3RS replica from Vorsteiner.

Quick Reply: Any Pics of GT3 or RS or similar rear spoiler on non GT3 997.1 or .2?