Sponsored by:

Adding some upgrades to my '04 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 02:12 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Do not install anything on the car made by Agency Power. It's all utter garbage including this intake. Skip the Chinese made intercoolers. They will be worse the stock. Install OEM 997.2 ICs. I would not install the Aasco flywheel, OEM 964RS lwfw is much better choice, it's lighter and cheaper. One thing I've learned in all these years modding these cars is that a vast majority of the aftermarket parts absolutely suck. Stick with OEM parts or OEM Porsche Motorsport parts.

A Guard LSD is the best performance mod hands down. Do it now while the Gearbox is out. I would get rid of the clutch accumulator set up and associated assist lines and replace with the non assist OEM GT2 clutch parts. Good luck...
This...great advice as usual.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd rather keep stock than putting non OEM or unproven parts on my Turbo.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:33 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Since you have the entire eng trans out put in the updated shift detent.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...Detent_Pin.htm

Change out the coolant bottle if hasnt already been done since you have the engine out.

I have the same divertor valves Champion (Forge) for three years work great, no issues!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:54 AM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Since you have the entire eng trans out put in the updated shift detent.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...Detent_Pin.htm

Change out the coolant bottle if hasnt already been done since you have the engine out.

I have the same divertor valves Champion (Forge) for three years work great, no issues!
Great advice on the detent pin. Did you switch out the springs on the Forge diverters? And did you seal them once reassembled? I switched out the springs with the yellow ones per Champion's recommendation, then used the hex wrench to tighten the screws back. I hope this makes a good seal?
Old 06-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes I did expecting on getting a tune. Think u will be fine
Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 PM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to do a little update. Pros and Cons of what I put on this car Sometimes we can make good decisions.. sometimes expensive mistakes. I learned some lessons.

The Eibach bars and Bilstein B8 Sport shocks are Amazing. Very little body roll, firm, and road handling around corners is amazing. Eibach bars are set to full stiff back and middle setting front. Discovered the stock shocks were sagging and resting on the bump stops. Good thing I took care of this.

Powerflex bushings are awesome. They tighten everything. Handling is very predictable. Also, Torque Solutions Engine and Transmission mounts solved the problem I was having with missing gears while shifting. Come to find out, The stock engine and trans mounts were thrashed and needed to be replaced anyway.

Headers, 68mm Plenum, Forge Diverter Valves and Intercoolers give a nice boost of power and throttle response.

Now, if I can go back the only thing I wish I never did was the AASCO 13lbs. Lightweight Flywheel. It just is NOT worth the loud chatter and noise it makes. The flywheel is obnoxious and annoying. The chatter gave me a headache. I just don't even want to drive the car despite the huge benefits from the other upgrades. So... 50 miles later, I am spending big to get that thing OFF the car and the stock dual mass wheel back on.

Here are some pics
Attached Images       
Old 07-10-2017, 02:05 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Be mindful of the headers and keep your stock ones... Lot of aftermarket ones tend to crack overtime where the primary pipe meets the flange at the head.

Lightweight flywheels are certainly not for everyone.

Quick Reply: Adding some upgrades to my '04 Turbo!