XPost Help: RWD C4S Bilstein B16 (PSS10) spring alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 10:04 AM
orangeman
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default XPost Help: RWD C4S Bilstein B16 (PSS10) spring alternatives

Hey turbo fraaaands,

Couldn't get an answers on the 996 forum, so I thought maybe your handsome selves could help me.

I recently put a set of b16s on my C4S.

My car has no front drivetrain, no spare or tools and a light weight PC950 battery. All in all the front end is almost 170 lbs lighter than a stock C4S. The b16s have a 255lb rated front main spring and a 115lb helper.

I find the front end of my car a little bouncy, even in autox, an especially when I am low on gas, regardless of what compression/dampening setting I have the dials on.

I am over the fact that the B16s don't lower the car very much at all, but I'd like to settle the front down a bit.

In an effort to do this, I called bilstein to ask about running C2 springs in the front. Turns out the .1 and .2 C2 and C4 and 4S springs are all the same rate and height in the fronts, according to bilstein, which surprised me.

Has anyone used Swift Springs or any other aftermarket spring on B16s? They do make a 225lb spring. Any other manufacturers out there?

Does anyone know what size I would need to try? Looks like the 997 guys run 70mm ID with 7" length, but the PASM cars might be different than ours. If anyone could confirm ID and Height, I'd really appreciate it, so I don't have to take them apart to measure.

I could throw my spare in, but on the track that's more mass, and in daily driving it takes up a lot of the already tiny frunk space.

Thanks, and stay boosted. I'll see you guys in a couple of years

Quick Reply: XPost Help: RWD C4S Bilstein B16 (PSS10) spring alternatives