Sponsored by:

R&T craps all over the 996

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Thomas42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lconn
In good shape they still look like a new car. I even like the look of the PCM, shame it does so little. Definitely needs an upgrade.
How true. People who don't know Porsches almost always are very surprised when told it's fifteen years old.

I heard a rumor that maybe something will be done about the old pcm in about a year. I got the impression it might be something like they did with the Classic Radio/Nav, so I'm sitting tight for now. Rumor only.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 PM
highlander
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to keep my TT clean, but I'm not a concours person by any means. Even so, most non-Porsche people I talk to assume it's brand new.

I'm in the camp of liking the interior, lights and water cooling. As for longevity, old 911 engines are not immune to needing to be rebuilt once the miles start adding up.

As others have stated (and agree) the sheer volume of 996 Carrera's sold will limit their collectibility to the C4S, Turbo and GT models.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:55 AM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by highlander
I try to keep my TT clean, but I'm not a concours person by any means. Even so, most non-Porsche people I talk to assume it's brand new.

I'm in the camp of liking the interior, lights and water cooling. As for longevity, old 911 engines are not immune to needing to be rebuilt once the miles start adding up.

As others have stated (and agree) the sheer volume of 996 Carrera's sold will limit their collectibility to the C4S, Turbo and GT models.
Most people will never reach those kind of miles, but even if they do, not much is needed. We have forum member T2 and some other guys as proof.

Quick Reply: R&T craps all over the 996