Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memorial Day Track day catch

Old 05-30-2017, 12:01 AM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Memorial Day Track day catch

Was a bit damp in the morning at NJMP today so on track temps were cold and some excess water in brake zones...I was actually taking it very easy here and I was lucky to catch it...
Old 05-30-2017, 01:14 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

That's one wiggly shifter!
Old 05-30-2017, 07:38 AM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by garrett376
That's one wiggly shifter!
actually tightened it after this run.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:24 AM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice save!
Old 05-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 985 Posts

Good job. I noticed that you detected the rear coming out very early and made a smallish correction also very early. That's one of the keys to catching or preventing a big incident. Then, once it continued coming around, you made a much more deliberate correction, this time with a lot more input.

The only thing I cannot tell is if you applied any throttle after the first small correction. It appears as though you have little to no throttle and engine braking is conitnuing to slow you down and/or keep the rear end lite during this whole endeavor.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:27 AM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
Good job. I noticed that you detected the rear coming out very early and made a smallish correction also very early. That's one of the keys to catching or preventing a big incident. Then, once it continued coming around, you made a much more deliberate correction, this time with a lot more input.

The only thing I cannot tell is if you applied any throttle after the first small correction. It appears as though you have little to no throttle and engine braking is conitnuing to slow you down and/or keep the rear end lite during this whole endeavor.
I actually was modulating throttle after the initial slide that is what kept me from coming fully around (in my opinion). If you watch, my brake zone ends right before the end starts to come around and I move to the throttle...timing helped here since my foot was going to throttle anyway I modulated and was able to save it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Memorial Day Track day catch