Cracked tail light mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Engineerboy100
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cracked Light Savers

Originally Posted by dprantl
I also just noticed the other day that both my Light Savers have cracks in them...

Dan
Please give me your address and I will ship you another set for $9.95 shipping handling packaging etc. but otherwise free. The reason they crack is there isn't even support under them and they are over tightened. Put a little gasket sealer in the screw threads if you are concerned about the screws backing out but just tighten them snug. The light fixture is captured by the outside bracket mount and the Light Saver and will not fall out. Tightening the screw more does not secure the light better, it only cracks the Light Saver tabs. Anyone with cracked Light Saver tabs should just send $9.95 to porschetaillight@gmail.com, and I will ship you a set of replacements if you are in my database as a past customer, no questions asked.

Clint Hightower
Hightower Innovations
Rennfix.com
Old 06-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Engineerboy100
AutoX

Originally Posted by wross996tt
If they crack that easily why would you want a replacement?
Please give me your address and I will ship you another set for $9.95 shipping handling packaging etc. but otherwise free. The reason they crack is there isn't even support under them and they are over tightened. Put a little gasket sealer in the screw threads if you are concerned about the screws backing out but just tighten them snug. The light fixture is captured by the outside bracket mount and the Light Saver and will not fall out. Tightening the screw more does not secure the light better, it only cracks the Light Saver tabs. Anyone with cracked Light Saver tabs should just send $9.95 to porschetaillight@gmail.com, and I will ship you a set of replacements if you are in my database as a past customer, no questions asked.

Clint Hightower
Hightower Innovations
Rennfix.com
Old 06-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Engineerboy100
AutoX

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Since these are within a year, maybe they will honor a replacement

Clint Hightower
Hightower Innovations
Rennfix.com
Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Engineerboy100
AutoX

Originally Posted by wross996tt
If they crack that easily why would you want a replacement?
They do not crack easily. They crack if they are over-tightened on an uneven base. They should be tightened to a snug tightness and gasket sealer in the threads is a good way to keep the screws from backing out.

Clint
Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Engineerboy100
AutoX

Smile Cracked Light Savers

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Since these are within a year, maybe they will honor a replacement
Yes, that is correct. Replacements are not a problem. Screws should not be over-tightened and a level base for them to mate with should be built up under them. Gasket sealer should be placed in the screw threads to keep the screws from backing out, and the screws should be snug, not tight.

Clint
Old 06-07-2017, 07:19 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess I need to loosen mine up and use the recommended gasket sealer on the screws. Will try that.

Quick Reply: Cracked tail light mount