Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ball park cost to replace the clutch-go bigger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 AM
mark_schnell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powdrhound
What clutch are they installing??
"Sachs 2.5 clutch, including Aasco flywheel, Sachs pressure plate, Sachs disk, throwout bearing, and all bolts." is all I know from the email they sent.

I haven't committed to it yet. Once I get the car back from getting the new tune/exhaust, I'll let clutch feel be my guide to whether I replace the one that's in there.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:12 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,702 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_schnell
"Sachs 2.5 clutch, including Aasco flywheel, Sachs pressure plate, Sachs disk, throwout bearing, and all bolts." is all I know from the email they sent.

I haven't committed to it yet. Once I get the car back from getting the new tune/exhaust, I'll let clutch feel be my guide to whether I replace the one that's in there.
What is a 2.5??? What does that mean? What kind of pressure plate and what kind of clutch disc is it? That is what is important and what you need to know to make sure you are getting the right stuff. It's probably going to be a 764 plate and some type of disc but you want to know for sure. Not all parts are created equal.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:40 AM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm at $3400 now with labor and flywheel-now we found it needs 4 discs-discs are cracked. This is a guy who I trust fully. Now have spent $7000 doing all the items found in the PPI.new tires, brakes, etc plus short shifter, $1000 for detailing plus front clear wrap, $200 for stuck moon roof, now $5000 for clutch, flywheel, 4 brake disks and labor. And this is on a car that had 44K miles on it when I got it this fall-whine-whine-I know, Its a Porsche-yours in thrift-dr cheap

Quick Reply: Ball park cost to replace the clutch-go bigger?