Sponsored by:

New 996 Turbo owner in need of Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:31 PM
KCTurbo19
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 996 Turbo owner in need of Mechanic

I am picking up a 2003 Turbo this month that has about 130k miles on it. The car is in great shape, one own, and the previous owner is a relative. I am moving the car to KC and am in need of a recommended, trustworthy, fair priced Mechanic.

Can anyone suggest one/some?

Thank you for the help.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Blrmkr
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Karl at RennsportKC. Goes by Porschedoc on this forum. Active member of our local PCA club. Can't say enough great things about him.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:56 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Blrmkr
Karl at RennsportKC. Goes by Porschedoc on this forum. Active member of our local PCA club. Can't say enough great things about him.
+996 Hands down best place to go. One of the better Porsche mechanics anywhere. Reasonably priced to boot. www.rennsportkc.com
Old 02-28-2017, 12:59 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

BTW, the local PCA meets at 7:15 am every Saturday morning at LePeep Restaurant, 79th and Quivira in Shawnee. Stop by and introduce yourself. Very welcoming group of people.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Blrmkr
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
BTW, the local PCA meets at 7:15 am every Saturday morning at LePeep Restaurant, 79th and Quivira in Shawnee. Stop by and introduce yourself. Very welcoming group of people.
KC left out the best part. You get the privilege of seeing two of the nicest guards red TTs in the country.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:40 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

When I was growing up in kc that was a field. Dating myself, I'd love to move back if I could just convince the wife....
Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 PM
KCTurbo19
3rd Gear

I will certainly stop by. Thank you for your assistance. Also has anyone replaced the radio in their 2003TT i know the car has a fiber optic setup and as such may need to be entirely switched out for a new setup. I am looking for something that can connect to bluetooth or connect via usb. if you know a shop that does this as well I would greatly appreciate it. I know i can find any old audio shop to do it but I want someone that has worked on this car before. Not going to bastardize the car over a radio.

Last thing, I need to have the paint polished to its original shine, Oxidation removed if any exists. Would you all recommend kc detailing or is there another that you all have had great luck with?

Thanks again for all your help.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KCTurbo19
I will certainly stop by. Thank you for your assistance. Also has anyone replaced the radio in their 2003TT i know the car has a fiber optic setup and as such may need to be entirely switched out for a new setup. I am looking for something that can connect to bluetooth or connect via usb. if you know a shop that does this as well I would greatly appreciate it. I know i can find any old audio shop to do it but I want someone that has worked on this car before. Not going to bastardize the car over a radio.

Last thing, I need to have the paint polished to its original shine, Oxidation removed if any exists. Would you all recommend kc detailing or is there another that you all have had great luck with?

Thanks again for all your help.

Do the detailing yourself, paint correction is easy nowadays with DA polishers and products.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:37 PM
KC-CarGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Another + for Karl at RennsportKC. And another + for the invitation to breakfast. It's neat to see 30 Porsche owners show up every Saturday. And KCAttorney will pay for your first breakfast. (insert evil snicker) Hope to see you there.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM
tjcb65
AutoX

Looking forward to meeting everyone, as well.

Picked up an 02 996 C2 last week (from Rennlist member, actually). Karl is going to give it a look over later this week. Hope to make it to a PCA event soon.

First Porsche - been dreaming of the day since I was 16 years old. I've driven it every day since I picked it up.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I need to make it to that PCA meet one of these mornings too.

And take advantage of the free breakfast from Jeff.

-Jason
Old 03-30-2017, 04:07 PM
mikewils
Advanced

+996 Hands down best place to go. One of the better Porsche mechanics anywhere. Reasonably priced to boot. www.rennsportkc.com
Have to agree, Karl is the best. Wish I had someone like him since I moved to LV.

Quick Reply: New 996 Turbo owner in need of Mechanic