Where are all the 996tt on the roads?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Doesn't seem that way.
Maybe you could pick up some night courses at a nearby university, or maybe some on-line courses from an accredited college, to help you understand better.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:15 PM
mark_schnell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manimal
I see a decent number of exotics and Porsche Turbos around San Diego, but I don't think most of them are Rennlist/PCA members, and they're not slumming it up in a 15 year-old car with ugly headlights.
Sacrilege!!!
All viewpoints expressed in this sub-forum must show proper respect for the (OMG what were the designers thinking? Maybe fixated on something in their pants? At least they're better than the Boxster cracked egg) headlights!

I would dare to say that there might be other frugal millionaires out there that appreciate the value of the lowest-price 911 Turbo model available.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:22 PM
mark_schnell
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dock
I use my educational background just fine.
Doesn't seem that way.
Maybe you could pick up some night courses at a nearby university, or maybe some on-line courses from an accredited college, to help you understand better.

Fight!

I'm trying a new approach to posting in Internet forums these days. I ask myself: "would I say this to the other person's face? With my parents and friends listening?" Or, I ask myself "what will I say to this person if we ever meet face-to-face?"

On the other hand, Internet drama is entertaining to watch, so please proceed...
Old 09-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,431 Posts

The fellow that used median income figures to draw a foolish conclusion without realizing that the data was incomplete is the fellow who should go back to school.

See post #80.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark_schnell
Fight!

I'm trying a new approach to posting in Internet forums these days. I ask myself: "would I say this to the other person's face? With my parents and friends listening?" Or, I ask myself "what will I say to this person if we ever meet face-to-face?"

On the other hand, Internet drama is entertaining to watch, so please proceed...
I am just here to entertain. Enjoy.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:27 PM
Ck986
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I never see any 996 turboins in nj, I see more base 996's and cab's than turbos. Overall I see more recent porsche 991's and Ferraris.

I atributed this to their only be 4-5k in the us all these years after introduction.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:41 PM
mark_schnell
Instructor

The fellow that used median income figures to draw a foolish conclusion without realizing that the data was incomplete is the fellow who should go back to school.

See post #80.

That would be me... What school would you recommend? I've been thinking about going back. Maybe I should take a class in Statistics? I had to choose between that and Probability for my BSCS degree, and I took Probability because it looked easier. I'm lazy. But since college girls are hot, I don't mind going back to school. Mental note: Make sure my wife never sees this post.

Median income for Santa Fe, NM looks to be around $50k, so that's less than half where I live. I'd bet that there are double the exotics here (or more).

What makes you think that the Concours competitors store their cars in Santa Fe? If there's a logical explanation, then we can factor that into our internet-based hypotheses and out-guess local residents...
Old 09-14-2017, 10:09 PM
idatenrj
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be me... What school would you recommend? I've been thinking about going back. Maybe I should take a class in Statistics? I had to choose between that and Probability for my BSCS degree, and I took Probability because it looked easier. I'm lazy. But since college girls are hot, I don't mind going back to school. Mental note: Make sure my wife never sees this post.

Median income for Santa Fe, NM looks to be around $50k, so that's less than half where I live. I'd bet that there are double the exotics here (or more).

What makes you think that the Concours competitors store their cars in Santa Fe? If there's a logical explanation, then we can factor that into our internet-based hypotheses and out-guess local residents...
Median income for Miami Beach is $42,000 but somehow you see more Ferraris than Corollas there...
Old 09-15-2017, 02:17 AM
champignon
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Taking this august discussion one step further, I would like to know the density per calculated human of pubic lice, per given surface area

Name:  stds-s2-photo-of-pubic-lice.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  25.1 KB

divided by the accumulated HP of Porsche Turbo engines, stratified by zip code, for the areas we are discussing.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:15 AM
mpsig226
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Miami, now that is a city with cars! Somewhere there is a recent post showing where a Porsche dealership moved their inventory inside a very large 2 story building Why? To protect the cars from Irma. Around 200 new cars. You think they would have such a large inventory just for kicks? There is a very large demand/market for an area with $50k median incomes. and most wealthy folks in Miami have already made their fortunes, some legal and some not. I frequent Florida as well. So many exotics its unreal. We are talking cars worth $500K to $3MM or more. Drive by a classy restaurant with valet parking. The real exotics are not moved to the parking lot. They are placed directly in front of the restaurants as an advertising plan to publicize "VIP's inside". In Miami, on occasions, I have seen very few 996 TT's on the streets and "for sale". From my balcony I can see 75ft, 100ft, 150ft yatchs with heli's on them, upto 3 cigarettes stored one deck, each one with their own hoists, etc. 3? One day, I was at the local marina filling up and a dude was filling up his boat/ship with diesel. The bill, about $15K. On one day, I saw 2 different Bugatti Veyrons, one 2 tone blue and black and one red or orange and black! On that same day I also saw another Bugatti, a rare Chiron. Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, etc. are nothing but common cars. Keep in mind that the median income is $50K. Probability and Statistics are nothing without assumptions. I took both of them during college and Do Not Claim to be an expert. These do require assumptions that can be sooo inaccurate. Just like the political polls during elections, they "assume a +/- % margin of error" along with many other "compounded" assumptions and are more often than not, incorrect! And in this case, our conversation about probability and statistics and demographics is much less accurate than observations of facts. Hands down. This is indeed a fact. Sorry professor Dock, I'm not saying you are wrong, just stating the facts for the record!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:47 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Paragraphs?
Old 09-15-2017, 03:51 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mpsig226
Miami, now that is a city with cars!
You understand that the topic I've been posting about is the density of exotic cars (include the 996 Turbo) in an area of approximately 113,000 sq. miles...right?
Old 09-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My comment was not directed at you.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:16 AM
mpsig226
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

You understand that the topic I've been posting about is the density of exotic cars (include the 996 Turbo) in an area of approximately 113,000 sq. miles...right?

Are you serious Dock?, go back to your post #82 or thereabout. In black and white!
Old 09-17-2017, 02:20 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mpsig226
Are you serious Dock?
Yes.

The last sentence of my post (#82) ..."But even then, the chances of seeing one of the mentioned cars in the greater described area are drastically reduced simply because of the dilution the 113,000 sq miles has on the numbers."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where are all the 996tt on the roads?