Sponsored by:

Dust Cover Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:48 AM
joehonee
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dust Cover Recommendation

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an indoor stretch-fit dust cover. I have an 03 996tt X50 with factory Aero package. There seems to be a ton of products available but the Aero package is throwing me a curveball. Some seem to say they fit but I have also read some reviews that they end up short in back and ride up midway on the rear bumper. Although I am a huge proponent of this in woman's attire I wish to keep this car as clean as possible!

I have the Porsche OEM (triguard??) silver cover from the PO but it is somewhat ridged and seems like it might cause more harm than good with the frequency in which I take it on and off. The garage doubles as a workshop and the car is on a 4 post lift.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 11:53 AM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 237 Likes on 171 Posts

Tri-Guard 911(996) 99 PNA-505-996-01 This is the softer version I have on my 03 Turbo, and my 03 996 Carrera with aero. It's a perfect fit. $90 from Sunset Porsche.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:08 PM
joehonee
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I just checked their site and they list the Carrera with Aero and Turbo without Aero. It sounds from your description that the Carrera with Aero will be a better fit?
Old 02-09-2017, 01:27 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 237 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by joehonee
Thanks for the reply. I just checked their site and they list the Carrera with Aero and Turbo without Aero. It sounds from your description that the Carrera with Aero will be a better fit?
The Carrera with aero is a perfect fitment for the turbo. It takes a couple of days to order from Porsche, but well worth it. It comes with cable, lock, and storage bag too!

Better check with the parts dept. for fitment, as you have an aero wing, I just have stock.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Porsche OEM Satin Indoor cover. It is Insanely soft, stretches perfect looks great. Done. It has the crest on the hood, logo on the back and even says 996 turbo right by the front lip. Worth the money and comes with a great storage bag. The best car cover I have ever seen. I believw there is an Aero/non Aero option. Mine is non Aero for reference..

http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/porsche/911/00004400050/2004-year/turbo-trim/3-6l-h6-gas-engine/exterior-cat/covers-scat/?part_name=car-cover-turbo-indoor
Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by joehonee
Does anyone have a good recommendation for an indoor stretch-fit dust cover. I have an 03 996tt X50 with factory Aero package. There seems to be a ton of products available but the Aero package is throwing me a curveball. Some seem to say they fit but I have also read some reviews that they end up short in back and ride up midway on the rear bumper. Although I am a huge proponent of this in woman's attire I wish to keep this car as clean as possible!

I have the Porsche OEM (triguard??) silver cover from the PO but it is somewhat ridged and seems like it might cause more harm than good with the frequency in which I take it on and off. The garage doubles as a workshop and the car is on a 4 post lift.

Thanks

Hello - check out the link below to our CoverKing covers. These are extremely popular with our customers and very well designed. Please let us know if you have any questions.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...over_start.htm

-Dmitry
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You need the turbo without aero kit, if you have the aerokit you need to order the model above the Triguard. The turbo aerokit has a much larger rear wing.
I doubt Carrera with aerokit will fit, since the turbo is a widebody car, the carrera is not.

Triguard Indoor Car Cover - 996 - SALE!
Not Yet Rated | Write the First Review#TCC996
$89.95
MSRP: $125.28 You save 28.20%
Style:
Carrera - 1999-04
Carrera with Aerokit
Turbo without Aerokit

Quick Reply: Dust Cover Recommendation