Sponsored by:

New owner..need to replace suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by ORL996TT
pwdrhound - that part number looks like it's for a 997? Will it fit a 996?

I ended up ordering the B8 shocks/struts to compliment the M030 Row Springs. I'm getting advice from most shops as the top mounts don't need to be replaced. Is this just preventative in nature, or are we missing something?

I suppose if I were to replace the top mounts I may go with something a bit more aggressive from tarret or elephant...
Yes, pretty much all the 997 996 suspension stuff in interchangeable. I run these exact toe arms. Porsche also makes them for the front.

For your use I would install new OEM upper mounts and call it a day. Skip the aftermarket mounts...

Last edited by powdrhound; 01-14-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:46 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

agree on the mounts. you're going for an approximated oem handling/feel vis a vis nvh, so anything other than the oems will add harshness to your daily ride. replace the top mounts ( you must do ) and the "bearing backing" plates, which are the connected bits. they're on the same linked pelican page as the struts etc.

btw. the top mounts are rubberized "wear items". why you're getting advice NOT to swap them out when replacing most of your movable suspension bits is beyond me. i think that is lousy advice. you'll end up needing to replace the top mounts, sooner or later. why not now! or just wait for the telltale "crunch and creak" show.

but it'll be a totally transformed new "ride". x'lnt choice(s).

Quick Reply: New owner..need to replace suspension