Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone know the seal grey 996tt at Braman Porsche in West Palm??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Signalmtb
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know the seal grey 996tt at Braman Porsche in West Palm??

hate to somewhat double post, but in another thread I started, someone mentioned that someone here had looked at the seal grey 996tt at Braman Porsche in West Palm Beach FL and passed on it. Shoot me a PM if that was you, would love to hear your thoughts. I talked extensively with them and got some history on it, and didn't see any red flags (have NOT seen it in person).

in summary, if you know the seal grey 996 at Braman shoot me a PM

Thanks in Advance
Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 PM
GTsilber
Instructor

Originally Posted by Signalmtb
hate to somewhat double post, but in another thread I started, someone mentioned that someone here had looked at the seal grey 996tt at Braman Porsche in West Palm Beach FL and passed on it. Shoot me a PM if that was you, would love to hear your thoughts. I talked extensively with them and got some history on it, and didn't see any red flags (have NOT seen it in person).

in summary, if you know the seal grey 996 at Braman shoot me a PM

Thanks in Advance
I saw it on CarGurus, wanted to drive up there this weekend to check it out. Seems like a decent price and the car looks rather well kept.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:43 PM
mbrzezinski
Intermediate

Hi All, that was me. I ended up finding another closer and more to my liking that I'll be picking up this weekend! Pics to follow.

Signalmtb - I just responded to your PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 AM
Signalmtb
Banned

thanks mbrzezinksi ... I cant get down there in person unfortunately, so I'm going on multiple conversations with different staff there, lots of pics from the service guy, and faith that a WPB Porsche dealer wouldnt sell crap. Thanks for sharing the DME report if you find it (from your memory though sounds fine).

If someone in WPB is looking for something fun to do on their lunch break today, let me know Otherwise, I'm going to take the gamble on it. First on the list would be lowering springs, the stock stance on these things looks like a Cayenne. I'd like to get some semi-deep dish Kinesis or HRE's. If someone has some taking up garage space let me know.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Signalmtb
Banned

here's the option list:
342 - Heated Seats
446 - Wheel Caps with Color Crest
513 - Passenger Lumbar Support
586 - Driver Lumbar Support
692 - Remote 6-Disc CD Changer
982 - Supple Leather
AH - Full Leather Seats - Black
P16 - Porsche Communication Management (PCM) II
X54 - Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
X71 - Instrument Dials in Aluminum Look
Y1 - Seal Grey Metallic
Old 11-17-2016, 09:44 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

thanks mbrzezinksi ... I cant get down there in person unfortunately, so I'm going on multiple conversations with different staff there, lots of pics from the service guy, and faith that a WPB Porsche dealer wouldnt sell crap. Thanks for sharing the DME report if you find it (from your memory though sounds fine).

If someone in WPB is looking for something fun to do on their lunch break today, let me know Otherwise, I'm going to take the gamble on it. First on the list would be lowering springs, the stock stance on these things looks like a Cayenne. I'd like to get some semi-deep dish Kinesis or HRE's. If someone has some taking up garage space let me know.

I have a set of Champion RG5s that will be available late next week, but I'm a couple thousand miles from you... Anyway, you probably want to score the car first... plenty to choose from where I live - So Cal.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Signalmtb
Banned

hey guys, here's some undercarriage shots of the Braman porsche...something in that second pic is rotted and cripsy, what is that?? motor mount?

Old 11-17-2016, 10:13 AM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

(The area you are looking at in 2nd pic is the Turbo/header area) Looks like waste gate actuator has most rust. Turbo heat shield has some rust as well along with various bolts & fittings.

Name:  braman_zpsuqizlpaj.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  142.5 KB

Last edited by gophaster; 11-17-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:16 AM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW, they should have no issue at all sending you a dme report. Takes them just a couple minutes to do it. Have you thought about having a ppi done by a third party. There are some well known Porsche indy shops in that area. PPi doesn't guarantee anything but at least the issues they find can help you negotiate price.

I wish I could swing by there on your behalf but it's about 90 miles from me. Maybe someone else can go have a look.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:39 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

For those that ran the car fax is this an all Florida car? That rust makes it look like it was exposed to salty roads.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:51 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GTsilber
For those that ran the car fax is this an all Florida car? That rust makes it look like it was exposed to salty roads.
Of a casual cruise in the ocean... monthly.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Signalmtb
Banned

Originally Posted by GTsilber
no, not a FL car...mostly a Chicago IL car. pass on it you think?? Concerns what I cant see. Those tranny bolts and exhaust bolts are toasty.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:11 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

Originally Posted by techweenie
Of a casual cruise in the ocean... monthly.
Haha

no, not a FL car...mostly a Chicago IL car. pass on it you think?? Concerns what I cant see. Those tranny bolts and exhaust bolts are toasty.
I stay away from cars exposed to salt, thats just me though. Usually, CA and FL cars carry a little bit of a premium as theres zero salt/snow/freezing exposure.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:13 AM
Signalmtb
Banned

yeah, I worry that every single thing I touch on it will be a PITA because of sheering off bolt heads, breaking exhaust studs, etc.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:26 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

yeah, I worry that every single thing I touch on it will be a PITA because of sheering off bolt heads, breaking exhaust studs, etc.
I would get a PPI if you are serious about buying.

Quick Reply: anyone know the seal grey 996tt at Braman Porsche in West Palm??