Sponsored by:

Replacement radiator vent connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 04:07 PM
hodie21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement radiator vent connection

In the middle of replacing my radiators with akg replacement radiators.

The vent/breather hose connection looks like it has a plastic piece blocking it that needs to be knocked out.

Am I right in thinking to do this. Any special way of doing it?

As a side note. I am replacing the hoses as well. Do you all use the hose spring clamps or change them over to worm gear hose clamps?

The replacment radiators are porsche branded with the porsche mark ground off.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:13 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

The ones I installed were also AKG and they had caps covering the connections, don't remember any knock-out plugs.

I reused the spring clamps in all but one or two places and they've held fine for a couple thousand miles. In retrospect, I'd probably just swap them all to worm gear as a spring shaft 7mm nut driver is way easier to work with than spring clamp pliers.

The 2 Y-hoses behind the front suspension are ones I'd toss the spring clamps in favor of worm gear.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:40 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 991 Posts

I just replaced all 3 radiators with OEM AKGs. I don't recall any knock out plugs, just the yellow plastic inlet covers. I also replaced all front hoses. I'd stick with the OEM spring clamps. They're easy to remove and I've never seen or heard of those leak. Stick with proven stuff. Why reinvernt the wheel?
Old 08-08-2016, 07:48 PM
hodie21
Instructor

Yeah. I didn't look close at it. It's a black plug that is stuck in there. Ignore me I'm stupid.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:08 AM
dlmack111
Track Day

Default part #'s

Hi All.....going to be starting this project soon, anyone have the part number list for all the hoses up front by chance? I know there are a few, and some vent hoses. Seems like a bunch of the sites have a LOT of hoses listed, some are duplicates obviously. Just trying to get a grasp on what I need.

THanks!

Quick Reply: Replacement radiator vent connection