Sponsored by:

New to me: 2003 996tt | Black/Tan | 33k miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 01:06 PM
LAMBO_JESUS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to me: 2003 996tt | Black/Tan | 33k miles

Bone stock beauty. Picked her up two weeks ago in Knoxville, and drove her all the way home to Chicago. I'm blown away that you can get this much car for the money. Unbelievable!

I purchased the car from Russell at USI Motors in Knoxville. Consummate professionals at that dealership, and Russell is a class act. Provided a wonderful purchasing experience.

Name:  IMG_6949_zpsfwvxyeb0.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  292.6 KB
Name:  IMG_6893_zpsohp84hna.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  277.9 KB
Name:  IMG_6896_zps0x3m6p0y.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  312.8 KB

This little gem had PPI + clean history + clean bill of health given from Paul Miller Porsche in Knoxville (I took it over there before purchasing). Stand up team of professionals at PMP as well!

The Silver 911 Turbo was one of several posters on my wall back in 2003. I've always loved Lamborghinis most (ever since I saw an orange 6.0 Diablo in the streets when I was 12 years old) but Porsche has held a close second for me. Owning and driving this car has turned me into a LIFER.

Even though I'm 26 (and you would assume I'm going to mod this car), I believe the designers and engineers at Porsche tend to get it right and know better than we simple peons do; so I will enjoy the car stock in all her glory. ----- Okay... almost stock... I just ordered a fresh Speedtech 3.0 X-Pipe Exhaust from John @ Speedtech last week. BUT THAT'S IT!

Can't wait for the exhaust to get here. Happy to be a part of this great community and will post videos when the exhaust is on.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome to the Asylum!

Nice car and enjoy it
Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Congrats on the 996 Turbo.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:05 PM
napoleon1981
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats, a very nice car. I looked at it online and I considered buying it as well.

However I went with a silver 2003, 52k mile X50 with color matching sport seats. I guess I have to make a post like yours too

Leon
Old 07-28-2016, 02:27 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats Very nice looking car. It all starts with an exhaust... then comes tune, then...lol J/K ...they are fantastic bone stock too. I ran mine bone stock for a bit over a year, I had big mod plans before I bought mine but now I'm sticking to what I have done already exhaust/coilovers/wheels.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

Love that color combo, i searched for 3-4 months for that or guards red with tan and finally settled for my silver with black based on the mods. I DO assume that you are going to mod this car unless you are allergic to adrenaline or have no money. Be careful with exhausts, that one some buddy of yours has that sounds so awesome when you are out zipping around, may just drive you crazy months later on your car. You don't need to ask how i know.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:56 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratz on the pickup, you look stoked in the pics!

Looking forward to you posting your experience with 996tt and when you get your exhaust. I've been thinking of getting an exhaust, just not sure which one. I agree, this car in stock form is already a beast.

IMHO an aftermarket exhaust (and perhaps rims and a reliable tune) is all this car needs
Old 07-28-2016, 04:01 PM
LAMBO_JESUS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tim Wasmer
Welcome to the Asylum!

Nice car and enjoy it
Thank you Tim!

Originally Posted by Dock
Congrats on the 996 Turbo.
Thanks Dock

Originally Posted by napoleon1981
Congrats, a very nice car. I looked at it online and I considered buying it as well.

However I went with a silver 2003, 52k mile X50 with color matching sport seats. I guess I have to make a post like yours too

Leon
Thanks, and congrats on your new X50 =D

Originally Posted by gophaster
Congrats Very nice looking car. It all starts with an exhaust... then comes tune, then...lol J/K ...they are fantastic bone stock too. I ran mine bone stock for a bit over a year, I had big mod plans before I bought mine but now I'm sticking to what I have done already exhaust/coilovers/wheels.
Haha, thanks gophaster. I am loving it so far and think the exhaust will quell any low end turbo lag and the fact that the car is far too "quiet" for my liking. I am going to resist scratching the mods itch otherwise. Your car looks great!

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
Love that color combo, i searched for 3-4 months for that or guards red with tan and finally settled for my silver with black based on the mods. I DO assume that you are going to mod this car unless you are allergic to adrenaline or have no money. Be careful with exhausts, that one some buddy of yours has that sounds so awesome when you are out zipping around, may just drive you crazy months later on your car. You don't need to ask how i know.
Congrats on your car too! Thanks for the kind words and the advice on the exhaust.

I think keeping it stock (except for the exhaust) that I can drive it forever if I want, or drive it 10,000 miles and sell for same I paid or slightly more.

Planning to scratch the adrenaline itch with a Murcielago next year
Old 07-28-2016, 04:06 PM
LAMBO_JESUS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by docboy
Congratz on the pickup, you look stoked in the pics!

Looking forward to you posting your experience with 996tt and when you get your exhaust. I've been thinking of getting an exhaust, just not sure which one. I agree, this car in stock form is already a beast.

IMHO an aftermarket exhaust (and perhaps rims and a reliable tune) is all this car needs
Thanks! I was on Cloud-9 driving home from the dealership.

I will definitely post about the exhaust. I will try to take a bit more "before" footage with my GoPro and will definitely upload "after" footage and videos. I have listened to dozens of exhausts and REALLY love the Speedtech 3.0" with 100 cell cats sound. Hoping for minimal drone... but can scale back to the 2.5" if it is bothersome.

I agree with you about all the rest!
Old 07-28-2016, 04:47 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Besides sounding great, the exhaust will let the wonderful GT1 based motor breathe !! Turbo motors love to breathe freely. I did some before and after INSIDE the car with bone stock car/exhaust and with Speedtech Excellerator 2.5"...have a look at my thread here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...rison-car.html

NOTE: you really need to listen through a nice sound system with sub woofers of some sort or some nice headphones to get the most from my videos. A lot of the sound is in the lower frequencies..

Old 07-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fastalex
... and think the exhaust will quell any low end turbo lag...
I think you might see some improvement, but quelling the low end turbo lag will be asking something from the exhaust that it can't do.

Originally Posted by fastalex
...and the fact that the car is far too "quiet" for my liking.
I agree about the stock 996 Turbo being too quiet, and a good aftermarket exhaust will definitely help fix that problem.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

Next will be "It handles great with the stock suspension, i think i am going to try a track day, you know, just take it easy and see how she does." Then comes the search for coil-overs, sway bars, brake pads, and alignment specifications. You don't need to ask how i know this ether.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:57 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Next will be "It handles great with the stock suspension, i think i am going to try a track day, you know, just take it easy and see how she does." Then comes the search for coil-overs, sway bars, brake pads, and alignment specifications. You don't need to ask how i know this ether.
Reminds me of the Henny Youngman joke...The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." The Doctor says "Then don't do that!"
Old 07-28-2016, 08:13 PM
BauerR
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is my car with a ST 3.0X Competition. No cats

It;s effective
Old 07-28-2016, 09:51 PM
LAMBO_JESUS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BauerR
Here is my car with a ST 3.0X Competition. No cats

It;s effective
Love it! "In Mexico "

Quick Reply: New to me: 2003 996tt | Black/Tan | 33k miles