Notices

Anyone Knows the History on this Car in CA?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:28 PM
highlander
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
looks like the wheel was picked up off the ground and expertly placed

Yes. The ebay listing that showed that pic was just a little disingenuous!!!

I'm sure the car is fine, but the asking price was way high IMHO.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:01 AM
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50 View Post
i think it was pretty cool and thoughtful of the guy to list the actual definition and criteria for what exactly a "salvage title" can or could mean in CA. i'd never seen it codified so that was helpful and obviously one would have to make that known immediately anyway to a potential buyer so i think it was a smart move to list it w that info re "salvage" titles and CA.
no offence to anyone or their friends but this guy does not state what salvage title definition is, he gives his own tailor made defiition, as a matter of fact he leads you to believe this car had only minor damage (with his definition) where we see in fact it is properly a salvage car.
Also an owner can buy back the car at auction just like anyone else.
He goes on to say that insurance gets good money for salvaged cars...ummm no, I have watched cars go through those auctions.
If that were the case he should sell his car at one of those auctions.
And regarding Victor, check the racing section and you will see how these wheels come apart when stressed and the manufacturer won't even return calls. Avoid Victor like the plague!
Run Forest Run!

And yes IMO this car is overpriced, especially with 2 salvages on title.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:42 AM
"02996ttx50
Super User

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan View Post
no offence to anyone or their friends but this guy does not state what salvage title definition is, he gives his own tailor made defiition, as a matter of fact he leads you to believe this car had only minor damage (with his definition) where we see in fact it is properly a salvage car.
Also an owner can buy back the car at auction just like anyone else.
He goes on to say that insurance gets good money for salvaged cars...ummm no, I have watched cars go through those auctions.
If that were the case he should sell his car at one of those auctions.
And regarding Victor, check the racing section and you will see how these wheels come apart when stressed and the manufacturer won't even return calls. Avoid Victor like the plague!
Run Forest Run!

And yes IMO this car is overpriced, especially with 2 salvages on title.
i got the impression the criteria in CA for ca titled car is much like if not exactly what this seller listed as the "salvage" caveat. i didn't bother to double check the legalese lol. he does attempt to claim *minor* damage while clearly that isn't *minor". so we agree on that as well as "victor" wheels.

i'll never need to know ( for obvious reasons ) the exact boilerplate wording of
salvage title but i did think ( again ) his WORDING of criteria was accurate while his DESCRIPTION of said car was not.

..and yes, this car is ( i also feel ..) is overpriced. so it seems we agree on all points.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe salvage is when an insurance company decides to not pay to have a car fixed, for whatever reason. It could be that the car was flooded and from their experience flooded cars can have problems from the flood down the road. Or it could mean the cost to repair was above their criteria for repairs (where I live it is 70%). It means that they decided not to fix the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Knows the History on this Car in CA?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: