Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Service manual volumes?

Old 04-13-2024, 05:34 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Factory Service manual volumes?

So a friend in the copy machine industry graciously printed out the 996 Turbo service manual for me. Yes, I know, .pdf. I've got it in .pdf format too, I'm just old school and like reading and seeing stuff in hard copy. My question is how did Porsche break down the manual? I'm not seeing obvious spots to chop it up, IE: Volume 1 Engine, Volume 2 Transmission, etc, etc. I need to chop it up into usable bits, it's a massive stack, as you can see...

If someone actually has the printed out manual, can you give me the page numbers where Porsche separated/ broke down the manual into different volumes? I've gone through the table of contents and marked where it seems to make sense to break it down to me, but I'd like to follow what Porsche did instead...

Old 04-14-2024, 12:36 AM
Scrh1
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 91 Posts

My best guess for this ( and I am going to do the same here soon ) is based on this pretty decent pic of the paper factory manuals. Seems to be divided like the parts manuals on autoatlanta ( body / engine etc ..,.). Attaching the link from eBay. Do let me know how it works out or if this is even remotely a correct way to organize the giant pdf / now paper stack as I’m with you I often print the specific pages bit would love the paper / laminated versions for the garage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25612546730...h2zppo6nTyTVqA

Last edited by Scrh1; 04-14-2024 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-15-2024, 08:33 AM
Triangleturbo
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Doc, if you can pm me your mobile number, I can send you pictures of the spines on my binders and content pages.
it will be about 25-30 pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory Service manual volumes?