Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum-61/)
-   -   Light Savers for Rear Turbo Tail Lights (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/924526-light-savers-for-rear-turbo-tail-lights.html)

fpb111 03-19-2016 05:08 PM

Light Savers for Rear Turbo Tail Lights
 
5 Attachment(s)
I just got my Light Savers from "Engineerboy100 Your Car Care Companion [[email protected]]"


I am pretty happy with them.
If your tail light mounting tabs are cracked and or missing like mine were these can save you $$.
They fit great and look better then the metal reinforcements that I made.

I found that putting the top screw in first made it easier to mount them.

To make sure that there was clearance I slid his business card between the engine cover and LS after mounting them, so mine had at least 0.15" clearance. We will see if that is enough. If not it looks like the bracket can be adjusted in the fender.

Carlo_Carrera 03-19-2016 06:42 PM

The look good.

How do I order a pair? Paypal to his e-mail address? Cost?

32krazy! 03-19-2016 06:44 PM

i have a set as well. just need my car back from vegas to install them! :)

Carlo_Carrera 03-19-2016 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by 32krazy! (Post 13121393)
i have a set as well. just need my car back from vegas to install them! :)

Your Turbo went to Vegas without you? That doesn't seem fair.

fpb111 03-19-2016 07:45 PM


Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera (Post 13121390)
The look good.

How do I order a pair? Paypal to his e-mail address? Cost?

In one of the threads here or maybe Pelican?? He said that the first (some number I think 13?) would be $29.95 and then $79.00 afterwards. I sent him $30 that day with PayPal and said whenever he felt that the product was ready send me a set.
I figured it was a gamble, like a kick starter campaign, if he never got it right it was some $$ for his effort, if it went well good for me. And everyone else with cracked/broken mounting tabs.
I just got them today. With a note that said that he was going to put something about the prerelease/first release offer up on eBay?

32krazy! 03-19-2016 07:47 PM


Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera (Post 13121390)
The look good.

How do I order a pair? Paypal to his e-mail address? Cost?

1st post has the contact info

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera (Post 13121421)
Your Turbo went to Vegas without you? That doesn't seem fair.

i took the car to vegas. it stayed i had to go back home to work to be able to afford to pick it back up!

993GT 03-19-2016 07:53 PM

is he still honouring the RL 'initial' pricing? looks good enough to me....thanks for update Frank!

fpb111 03-19-2016 08:43 PM


Originally Posted by 993GT (Post 13121548)
is he still honouring the RL 'initial' pricing? looks good enough to me....thanks for update Frank!

Not sure get your "Dibs" in and see, Good luck.

993GT 03-19-2016 09:29 PM

will do...think I was one of the first guys to dibs on his thread...think the thread disappeared.
Cheers,

fpb111 03-19-2016 10:20 PM


Originally Posted by 993GT (Post 13121777)
will do...think I was one of the first guys to dibs on his thread...think the thread disappeared.
Cheers,

I think this is the thread. Maybe post 38 amongst the 40 - 50 posts of "Mine is bigger then yours" "Nuh-uh Mine's bigger and original so better" "Well I have more money" etc...

Found it
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...-points-3.html

993GT 03-19-2016 11:42 PM

a thread like that on the 996TT forum?!?! ;)
IIRC he started his own thread, and deleted as he wasn't a sponsor.. but could be wrong...
Either way, Ill probably buy up a few sets if he allows the RL price...
Cheers!

Lucid Moment 03-20-2016 01:09 AM

Tabs are 86 shipped.

MDKK 03-20-2016 09:18 AM


Originally Posted by 993GT (Post 13121548)
is he still honouring the RL 'initial' pricing? looks good enough to me....thanks for update Frank!

I hope he's still honoring the RL pricing. This is what he said:
"Don't worry about missing the sale, any long standing member here will be give the $29.95 price even after the promotion period. It's my way of giving back to the forum for all the years I have received help with different car problems."

993GT 03-20-2016 10:31 AM

I'm not crazy! lol, was sure I remembered a "RL' price... thanks for posting the quote
If still honouring that offer, I'll take 3 sets...RL PM + Paypal?
Cheers,
Rob


Originally Posted by MDKK (Post 13122572)
I hope he's still honoring the RL pricing. This is what he said:
"Don't worry about missing the sale, any long standing member here will be give the $29.95 price even after the promotion period. It's my way of giving back to the forum for all the years I have received help with different car problems."


fpb111 03-20-2016 12:31 PM

There is a thread on Renntech post 28 & 29 talk about the discount release.
http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...-points/page-2


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 12:43 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands