Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from the PNW (new owner)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from the PNW (new owner)

Greetings everyone....So after 20+ years of wanting a P-car, life finally came around and granted me the resources to do so. I really wanted the rawness of a older 911 but I missed the air cooled P-car boat (the one's I wanted or could afford).
As to knowledge and experince with Porsche's, my brother is going on his 4th Porsche 911 so I've been fortunate and able to drive his two 993's and 996 x50 he owned. He currently has a 997.2 C4S. Prior to pulling the trigger on my 996 tt I did test drive a few 997.1 S variants, as well as a few 997.2 S in both PDK and Manual.
I suppose the raw/analog type driving experience was the deal breaker for me. Not to mention the rise in prices that the 996 tt is experiencing. While I don't think that prices will go bonkers like the 930/964/993 turbo's, it's nice to know that if I decide to sale in a few years, I will not take the depreciation hit like I would have with the non-turbo 997's, (yes that can be debated lol),,,,,,,,
As far as I can tell by looking and from some of the doc's I have of her, she has the following upgrades,
19" Champion Forged RS 98 wheels shod with Michelin Pilots sport tires, JIC Cross RS Coil overs, Berkley Forged DV valves, and a Schenell's SSK. I popped the rear seat cover off last nice to see if there was a ECU flash sticker or something that would tell me if it received a flash but I could not find anything. The interior and exterior are spotless, and the undercharge looks great for a 15 year old car.
Those are the things I've been able to findout about her as I go through visually as well as glean information from the records I was given. She has been in the PNW for awhile so if you recognize her please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sorry for the long winded intro, but I am excited to finally be able so say that I own a 911 Turbo....

ps.. I did post these on another section of the 996t fourm, so please move this if needed.

Cheers,
Petey
Attached Images          
Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice welcome/miles-year?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:40 PM
rloggie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! Love the wheels...
Old 02-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

Very nice, i am partial to arctic silver with black interior. Classic yet slightly under stated and does not seem to be a ticket magnet. Smoke side markers look good with the silver also. Nice wheels, i like the look of the 19s better than 18s. However i am liking the ride provided by the 18s on mine.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Congrats on the 996 Turbo!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:29 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice looking car and great wheels. Welcome.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Originally Posted by techweenie
Nice looking car and great wheels. Welcome.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
Very nice, i am partial to arctic silver with black interior. Classic yet slightly under stated and does not seem to be a ticket magnet. Smoke side markers look good with the silver also. Nice wheels, i like the look of the 19s better than 18s. However i am liking the ride provided by the 18s on mine.

Thanks for the compliments. You are correct with the ticket magnet statement. I have a garage full of motorcycles (Super sport bikes), so I'm well versed in ticket receiving.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratz! I think I saw that car at Park Place, and recall its asking price was pretty fair. How are you enjoying it so far?

Are you planning on putting a front license plate? I hear from local p-car owners some cops are out to ticket those without a front license plate, which IMHO is a frivolous waste of police resources.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Originally Posted by docboy
Congratz! I think I saw that car at Park Place, and recall its asking price was pretty fair. How are you enjoying it so far?

Are you planning on putting a front license plate? I hear from local p-car owners some cops are out to ticket those without a front license plate, which IMHO is a frivolous waste of police resources.

Thanks! Well the car price to mileage wise may have been on the high side, but I think with the condition and the mild upgrades it was the best I could find at that price point...

As to a front lic, I've been pulled over a few times in my wife's Bimmer, so I'm going with this....

http://www.usmillworks.com/porsche_f..._tow_hook.html
Old 02-02-2016, 08:49 PM
oldturd
Advanced

Loooks great!

and I'm pretty sure those are Kinesis F110 wheels (I had a set in a similar finish!)

enjoy!
Old 02-02-2016, 09:10 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Engineisoutback
Thanks! Well the car price to mileage wise may have been on the high side, but I think with the condition and the mild upgrades it was the best I could find at that price point...

As to a front lic, I've been pulled over a few times in my wife's Bimmer, so I'm going with this....

http://www.usmillworks.com/porsche_f..._tow_hook.html
Thanks for the link. Looks fairly cost effective and easy to do. I'll have to keep that in mind.

How would you compare the 996tt to your brother's 997.2 C4S?
Old 02-02-2016, 09:30 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

congrats! i dont know HOW you guys are finding virtually NEW 996 turbos in 2016 but from the pics you seem to be! you are! enjoy.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:54 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Congrats! Turbo looks awesome with those wheels. How does it ride with the JIC Cross RS Coil overs?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

[QUOTE=docboy;12982185]Thanks for the link. Looks fairly cost effective and easy to do. I'll have to keep that in mind.

How would you compare the 996tt to your brother's 997.2 C4S?

Well my brothers 2010 997.2 is a great t car. It's a C4S with PDK, if memory serves me right she delivers 389hp in that format. As to the ride, there is a marked difference in suspension, I no longer have PSM, due to the installation of the Cross coil overs. I'm not sure of the spring kg rate but looking at the options Cross had, I can tell that it is on the high/firm side. The 15 way Dampening has taken some of the edge off, but it is still on the aggressive side. Engine power delivery comparison between the two...his C4S does well throughout the power band, and is very linear, with current traction control, launch control, direct injection fueling, etc, it's almost too easy to drive. My car seems a lot more unrefined, raw, almost analog like. My launch control is in my left foot coming off the clutch..lol.. His awd, is a lot more seemless, than mine. There is some understeer if pushed hard in the 996 awd, and if there was any in the C4S simply adding more throttle negated that issue. At this time I not sure if my car has been flashed but compared to his old x50 it seems pretty close. I obviously am putting more hp down and the Power does come abruptly in the Turbo at a certain rpm range. Compared to his NA C4s, I'm walking away from him in a straight line all day long. Get us on certain tracks, and even with the slight hp disadvantage he will be able to keep up simply because the car is doing all the work for him. As to creature comforts, he has NAV, blue tooth everything, a better Hvac system, and in most peoples view better aesthetic both inside and out.

I hope that answers some of your questions..

Cheers

Petey.

Quick Reply: Greetings from the PNW (new owner)