Notices

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

 
Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 PM
  #1411  
Road King
User
 
Road King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 996
Default

Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
If you want a Turbo S Cab - this one is gorgeous - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...t#&gid=1&pid=6
I'm not a ragtop guy, but that Cab is beyond gorgeous. Holy cow, it's amazing!
Road King is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:42 PM
  #1412  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,757
Default

Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
If you want a Turbo S Cab - this one is gorgeous - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...t#&gid=1&pid=6
What is the device next to the oil pressure gauge?
Dock is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM
  #1413  
Road King
User
 
Road King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 996
Default

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
What is the device next to the oil pressure gauge?
looks like a bluetooth mic?
Road King is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:24 PM
  #1414  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,757
Default

Originally Posted by Road King View Post
looks like a bluetooth mic?
I wonder if either of the two pieces are stuck to the dash with adhesive, or do they just hang there?
Dock is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM
  #1415  
2fcknfst
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 944
Default

The mike is hanging, the other piece looks adhered.
2fcknfst is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:09 PM
  #1416  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,757
Default

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst View Post
The mike is hanging, the other piece looks adhered.
Hanging as in "moving around" when influenced by vehicle dynamics?

I wonder if the adhesive will leave a permanent mark on the leather if the device is removed?
Dock is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:41 PM
  #1417  
2fcknfst
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 944
Default

Adhesives have been known to stain leather, remove dye and generally be leather unfriendly.

I suspect that yes, there will dynamic movement of said mike whilst underway...
2fcknfst is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:52 PM
  #1418  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,757
Default

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst View Post
I suspect that yes, there will dynamic movement of said mike whilst underway...
That would be distracting to me.

Dock is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:27 PM
  #1419  
autobonrun
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
autobonrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,867
Default

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
The Tip X50 went for a pretty respectable number.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-cabriolet-17/
Indeed, and I almost made it more respectable, but came to my senses, and just hovered over the 'submit' button the last 5 seconds of the auction. At least I'm registered with BAT now.

I'm the one that said I don't need another Porsche and have a problem paying premiums for low mileage cars; then almost fell for it anyway.

Another issue for me with this auction was by the time the BAT fee was added, I would have paid more for this cab/tip than I did for my 24k mile manual TTS coupe.

I think this one should have topped out around $55k and $58k with the BAT fee. But no doubt he has a nice TT example.
autobonrun is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:53 PM
  #1420  
2fcknfst
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 944
Default

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
That would be distracting to me.
Yes, indeed - along with Cds, fuzzy dice and my personal favorite - little mirrors; nothing should hang from anything, ever, inside a car..

It also may make a little clicking noise as it bounces off the bezel - that too would be irritating...

Last edited by 2fcknfst; 02-12-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Typed to fast...
2fcknfst is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:24 PM
  #1421  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,757
Default

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst View Post
...along with Cds, fuzzy dice and my personal favorite - little mirrors; nothing should hang from anything, ever, inside a car..

It also may make a little clicking noise as it bounces off the bezel - that too would be irritating...
+1 to all of that.

Additionally, I'd have to remove the (what looks like) radar/laser box attached to the steering column in front of the steering wheel. Doing so might also leave some damage to the surface it was attached to.
Dock is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:39 PM
  #1422  
Carlo_Carrera
2011 Rennlist F1 Champion
Rennlist Member
 
Carlo_Carrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nearby
Posts: 4,543
Default

Originally Posted by autobonrun View Post
Indeed, and I almost made it more respectable, but came to my senses, and just hovered over the 'submit' button the last 5 seconds of the auction. At least I'm registered with BAT now.

I'm the one that said I don't need another Porsche and have a problem paying premiums for low mileage cars; then almost fell for it anyway.

Another issue for me with this auction was by the time the BAT fee was added, I would have paid more for this cab/tip than I did for my 24k mile manual TTS coupe.

I think this one should have topped out around $55k and $58k with the BAT fee. But no doubt he has a nice TT example.
I hear you. Even at the price it sold for it is still so much car for the money. Always tempting.
Carlo_Carrera is online now  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:01 AM
  #1423  
LazySumday
User
 
LazySumday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Gilroy, California
Posts: 42
Default

Originally Posted by pcasanova View Post
LazySumday car looks stellar. Really nice color. How was the interior?
the interior is top notch, hardly lived in. Everything feels new.
LazySumday is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:10 AM
  #1424  
sgtpeper
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mile High
Posts: 420
Default

Not sure if this should go in the Prestige thread buuuut here it is - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...ml?refer=alert
sgtpeper is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:05 PM
  #1425  
Steve Theodore
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Steve Theodore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 780
Default

Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Not sure if this should go in the Prestige thread buuuut here it is - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...ml?refer=alert
This dealership is local to me and I am NOT A FAN as I've had them consign a Porsche for me in the past with a less than desirable experience overall. I looked at the ad and initially was thinking it was priced fairly well, but then noticed it's a Tiptronic equipped example. This pricing is what I'd expect from them, but as I also own a Carrara White 996TT (with 6MT) it kind of made my day to see that price. But, no telling what they will actually get for the car of course.
Steve Theodore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: