Sponsored by:

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 08:19 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Pictures can help, but should not affect the value of the car.

Agreed... But "Value" is not real if there's nobody there to buy it. Good pics help with that problem.

However, clientele can be had without pics at all....Sometimes
Old 01-19-2019, 08:53 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
These days quality of pictures effects the interest in a vehicle. Like it or not a majority of the time reduced interest reduces sale price and thus reduces "value".
I disagree on the "reduces value" part.

Say someone lists their car for sale with "bad" pictures (BTW, I don't consider the car in question here to have bad pictures). They ask $50k for their car that is worth $50k. The car in this case is in fact actually worth $50k. The "bad" pictures only generate one call over a four month period. The interested party offers $45k, and the owner, fearing that they may not have another person interested in the car, sells for $45k. The buyer turns right around and lusts the car for sale with one "bad" picture and asks $52k for the car. He gets one call a couple of months later and the guy offers $50k. The owner sells him the car for $50k.

People who are savvy about cars aren't going to let pictures prevent them from investigating a car.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:05 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,441 Posts

You can disagree, but even you admitted that good pictures help. And "help" in a sale situation almost always means a higher sale price. To get maximum value out of any vehicle you need to appeal to the widest variety of buyer posdible. That is a fact.

And the "savvy" buyer isn't looking to pay top dollar for a car, they are looking for a good deal.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

And "help" in a sale situation almost always means a higher sale price.
And that's exactly what I disagree with.

To get maximum value out of any vehicle you need to appeal to the widest variety of buyer posdible. That is a fact.
No, you need to be patient and wait for the right guy.

And the "savvy" buyer isn't looking to pay top dollar for a car, they are looking for a good deal.
It doesn't matter. The picture(s) aren't going to keep them away. Besides, a savvy buyer isn't always looking for a good deal. They may in fact be looking for a specific car, and the savvy part of it is their ability to investigate a car that may be "the one" but is listed with only one picture. They don't get diverted from their pursuit just because of the picture(s). The non-savvy buyer (maybe someone here on Rennlist) might be looking for a specific car, and although a listing is the right car they decide not to investigate because they are hurt that the seller didn't treat them to the "great" pictures.

If I were looking for a relative low mileage 2002 996 Turbo in Polar Silver over Metropol Blue and I saw one advertised with just a single picture, I would sure follow up on it.

Someone who wants that 996 Turbo S for $95k isn't going to turn the car down after they see it just because the pictures were "bad" ("Hey, I really like the car but I'm not going to make an offer because you had bad pictures").
Old 01-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You can disagree, but even you admitted that good pictures help.
Actually I didn't. I said "pictures can help".
Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,441 Posts

And that's exactly what I disagree with.

No, you need to be patient and wait for the right guy.

It doesn't matter. The picture(s) aren't going to keep them away. Besides, a savvy buyer isn't always looking for a good deal. They may in fact be looking for a specific car, and the savvy part of it is their ability to investigate a car that may be "the one" but is listed with only one picture. They don't get diverted from their pursuit just because of the picture(s). The non-savvy buyer (maybe someone here on Rennlist) might be looking for a specific car, and although a listing is the right car they decide not to investigate because they are hurt that the seller didn't treat them to the "great" pictures.

If I were looking for a relative low mileage 2002 996 Turbo in Polar Silver over Metropol Blue and I saw one advertised with just a single picture, I would sure follow up on it.

Someone who wants that 996 Turbo S for $95k isn't going to turn the car down after they see it just because the pictures were "bad" ("Hey, I really like the car but I'm not going to make an offer because you had bad pictures").
You ceded your position when you wrote:

Pictures can help...
And just because you have no understand of the term "value" does re-align any of it.

Everything after that has been backpedalling.

Bye, bye.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:46 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You can't refute my points.

The discussion is focused on "bad" pictures ("crappy" was the description first used).
Old 01-20-2019, 12:29 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

^^^^^^
Here's a tip for ya'all...
https://rennlist.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist < dock
Old 01-20-2019, 04:58 PM
bugeyemilo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pfbz
^^^^^^
Here's a tip for ya'all...
https://rennlist.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist < dock

that's awesome. THANK YOU! no more scrolling past petty little internet arguments

Dock
Old 01-20-2019, 11:39 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by bugeyemilo
that's awesome. THANK YOU! no more scrolling past petty little internet arguments

Dock
No no no, don't do it, you'll miss out on a lot of fun. Carlo and Dock bickering over petty stuff is a key part of the 996tt forum, and it's quite fun after a while, it's like watching curb your enthusiasm.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:05 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

2005 996ttS, factory aerokit car, Slate Grey, 31k miles, asking $89,900 on ebay:

Here's the writeup and a link:=left
More pictures of the car here: https://www.europeancollectibles.com/vehicles/393/2005-porsche-911-turbo-s
If you're looking at this, you probably know what it is so I'll spare you the details on a very rare vehicle that needs no introduction. This Slate Grey example is 100% original, no tune, no modifications ever done. The only discrepancy to that claim is the fact that the front Aerokit chin spoiler is not there, it appears to have been replaced with the C4S chin spoiler of the same era. I can only assume the front spoiler was damaged at some point, or possibly changed due to preference, but I have no details on this. Personally I like the Aerokit wing but dislike the front chin spoiler, so this is a perfect hybrid for me.
31,889 milesI purchased this example a little over a year ago and it's been a fabulous car for me ever since. Unfortunately I have a wandering eye when it comes to automobiles and I do not have unlimited space or funds, so I must sell something to make the next bucket list car a reality. If I don't get my price, I'm happy to sit on it and enjoy it sparingly as I have so far. These 996 Turbo's are just starting to be appreciated for the amazing cars they really are. To find a Turbo S (coupe/6MT) in this kind of original condition, with so few miles, is very rare.This car comes with every service record from day one. I am the 3rd owner and have major OCD to put it mildly. The first 2 owners were good friends based in California where I acquired the car from. This car comes with a new OEM car cover, new floor mats still in the plastic, and a very very rare set of Turbo Twist wheels in GT Silver Metallic which are special part #'s, only available on the 2005 Turbo S. The car originally came with the Sport Techno wheels, which will also come with the car and they're mint. However, I strongly prefer the look of the twists so I went to the trouble of sourcing this set and they're currently on the car. The wheels alone are easily worth $3k as you just can't find them available (unless you want to buy them direct from Porsche, where they're closer to $8k).This car needs nothing, all service is up to date and comprehensively documented. Build Sheet Price $149,930Heated Front SeatsLumbar Support-Left SeatSlate Grey MetallicBlack Full LeatherThicker Steering WheelBlack Mats-Porsche letteringStainless Steel Exhaust PipesTurbo AerokitInstrument Panel Alu. LookSport Shifter18" Sport Techno WheelPorsche Crest in HeadrestLowered Seats (-10mm)Alum/Lthr Shifter/Brake HandleCustom Tailoring* I'm happy to accommodate a PPI, but I will not drive the vehicle on salty roads here in CT, so it is very much weather dependent unless you want to pay to have the vehicle transported to/from in an enclosed trailer, in which case it can be done anytime.** There is a small loan on the car, I would need a couple business days to get the title in hand and pay off the loan. Not a hurdle by any means, just making it clear from the onset.

Link to the ebay ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Porsch...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr
Old 01-21-2019, 03:13 PM
ipman
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I’ll add this one, the owner is on RL.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292924770849
Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by GWIT996F

2005 996ttS, factory aerokit car, Slate Grey, 31k miles, asking $89,900 on ebay:

I was interested in it but the photos are so poor I'm going to pass.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:25 PM
pcasanova
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GWIT996F

Many are really trying to push the 996TT to the $100K boundary. I will say, this is one is rare. Coupe + Manual + Turbo S = really hard to find.

Originally Posted by ipman
I’ll add this one, the owner is on RL.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292924770849
Really like the color combo.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:47 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by autobonrun
I was interested in it but the photos are so poor I'm going to pass.
Now that is funny.

Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds