Notices

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

 
Old 01-19-2019, 08:19 PM
  #1291  
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Big Swole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA area
Posts: 2,443
Default

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
Pictures can help, but should not affect the value of the car.

Agreed... But "Value" is not real if there's nobody there to buy it. Good pics help with that problem.

However, clientele can be had without pics at all....Sometimes
Big Swole is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 08:53 PM
  #1292  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,736
Default

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
These days quality of pictures effects the interest in a vehicle. Like it or not a majority of the time reduced interest reduces sale price and thus reduces "value".
I disagree on the "reduces value" part.

Say someone lists their car for sale with "bad" pictures (BTW, I don't consider the car in question here to have bad pictures). They ask $50k for their car that is worth $50k. The car in this case is in fact actually worth $50k. The "bad" pictures only generate one call over a four month period. The interested party offers $45k, and the owner, fearing that they may not have another person interested in the car, sells for $45k. The buyer turns right around and lusts the car for sale with one "bad" picture and asks $52k for the car. He gets one call a couple of months later and the guy offers $50k. The owner sells him the car for $50k.

People who are savvy about cars aren't going to let pictures prevent them from investigating a car.


Dock is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:05 PM
  #1293  
Carlo_Carrera
2011 Rennlist F1 Champion
Rennlist Member
 
Carlo_Carrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nearby
Posts: 4,534
Default

You can disagree, but even you admitted that good pictures help. And "help" in a sale situation almost always means a higher sale price. To get maximum value out of any vehicle you need to appeal to the widest variety of buyer posdible. That is a fact.

And the "savvy" buyer isn't looking to pay top dollar for a car, they are looking for a good deal.
Carlo_Carrera is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 PM
  #1294  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,736
Default

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
And "help" in a sale situation almost always means a higher sale price.
And that's exactly what I disagree with.

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
To get maximum value out of any vehicle you need to appeal to the widest variety of buyer posdible. That is a fact.
No, you need to be patient and wait for the right guy.

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
And the "savvy" buyer isn't looking to pay top dollar for a car, they are looking for a good deal.
It doesn't matter. The picture(s) aren't going to keep them away. Besides, a savvy buyer isn't always looking for a good deal. They may in fact be looking for a specific car, and the savvy part of it is their ability to investigate a car that may be "the one" but is listed with only one picture. They don't get diverted from their pursuit just because of the picture(s). The non-savvy buyer (maybe someone here on Rennlist) might be looking for a specific car, and although a listing is the right car they decide not to investigate because they are hurt that the seller didn't treat them to the "great" pictures.

If I were looking for a relative low mileage 2002 996 Turbo in Polar Silver over Metropol Blue and I saw one advertised with just a single picture, I would sure follow up on it.

Someone who wants that 996 Turbo S for $95k isn't going to turn the car down after they see it just because the pictures were "bad" ("Hey, I really like the car but I'm not going to make an offer because you had bad pictures").
Dock is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:52 PM
  #1295  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,736
Default

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
You can disagree, but even you admitted that good pictures help.
Actually I didn't. I said "pictures can help".
Dock is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 PM
  #1296  
Carlo_Carrera
2011 Rennlist F1 Champion
Rennlist Member
 
Carlo_Carrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nearby
Posts: 4,534
Default

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
And that's exactly what I disagree with.



No, you need to be patient and wait for the right guy.



It doesn't matter. The picture(s) aren't going to keep them away. Besides, a savvy buyer isn't always looking for a good deal. They may in fact be looking for a specific car, and the savvy part of it is their ability to investigate a car that may be "the one" but is listed with only one picture. They don't get diverted from their pursuit just because of the picture(s). The non-savvy buyer (maybe someone here on Rennlist) might be looking for a specific car, and although a listing is the right car they decide not to investigate because they are hurt that the seller didn't treat them to the "great" pictures.

If I were looking for a relative low mileage 2002 996 Turbo in Polar Silver over Metropol Blue and I saw one advertised with just a single picture, I would sure follow up on it.

Someone who wants that 996 Turbo S for $95k isn't going to turn the car down after they see it just because the pictures were "bad" ("Hey, I really like the car but I'm not going to make an offer because you had bad pictures").
You ceded your position when you wrote:

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
Pictures can help...
And just because you have no understand of the term "value" does re-align any of it.

Everything after that has been backpedalling.

Bye, bye.
Carlo_Carrera is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 10:46 PM
  #1297  
Dock
Super User
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 7,736
Default

You can't refute my points.

The discussion is focused on "bad" pictures ("crappy" was the description first used).
Dock is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 12:29 AM
  #1298  
pfbz
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
pfbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US
Posts: 3,531
Default

^^^^^^
Here's a tip for ya'all...
https://rennlist.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist < dock
pfbz is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 04:58 PM
  #1299  
bugeyemilo
User
 
bugeyemilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
^^^^^^
Here's a tip for ya'all...
https://rennlist.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist < dock

that's awesome. THANK YOU! no more scrolling past petty little internet arguments

Dock
bugeyemilo is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:39 PM
  #1300  
rick brooklyn
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,330
Default

Originally Posted by bugeyemilo View Post
that's awesome. THANK YOU! no more scrolling past petty little internet arguments

Dock
No no no, don't do it, you'll miss out on a lot of fun. Carlo and Dock bickering over petty stuff is a key part of the 996tt forum, and it's quite fun after a while, it's like watching curb your enthusiasm.
rick brooklyn is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 03:05 PM
  #1301  
GWIT996F
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
GWIT996F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 5,555
Default

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

2005 996ttS, factory aerokit car, Slate Grey, 31k miles, asking $89,900 on ebay:




Here's the writeup and a link:=left
More pictures of the car here: https://www.europeancollectibles.com/vehicles/393/2005-porsche-911-turbo-s
If you're looking at this, you probably know what it is so I'll spare you the details on a very rare vehicle that needs no introduction. This Slate Grey example is 100% original, no tune, no modifications ever done. The only discrepancy to that claim is the fact that the front Aerokit chin spoiler is not there, it appears to have been replaced with the C4S chin spoiler of the same era. I can only assume the front spoiler was damaged at some point, or possibly changed due to preference, but I have no details on this. Personally I like the Aerokit wing but dislike the front chin spoiler, so this is a perfect hybrid for me.
31,889 milesI purchased this example a little over a year ago and it's been a fabulous car for me ever since. Unfortunately I have a wandering eye when it comes to automobiles and I do not have unlimited space or funds, so I must sell something to make the next bucket list car a reality. If I don't get my price, I'm happy to sit on it and enjoy it sparingly as I have so far. These 996 Turbo's are just starting to be appreciated for the amazing cars they really are. To find a Turbo S (coupe/6MT) in this kind of original condition, with so few miles, is very rare.This car comes with every service record from day one. I am the 3rd owner and have major OCD to put it mildly. The first 2 owners were good friends based in California where I acquired the car from. This car comes with a new OEM car cover, new floor mats still in the plastic, and a very very rare set of Turbo Twist wheels in GT Silver Metallic which are special part #'s, only available on the 2005 Turbo S. The car originally came with the Sport Techno wheels, which will also come with the car and they're mint. However, I strongly prefer the look of the twists so I went to the trouble of sourcing this set and they're currently on the car. The wheels alone are easily worth $3k as you just can't find them available (unless you want to buy them direct from Porsche, where they're closer to $8k).This car needs nothing, all service is up to date and comprehensively documented. Build Sheet Price $149,930Heated Front SeatsLumbar Support-Left SeatSlate Grey MetallicBlack Full LeatherThicker Steering WheelBlack Mats-Porsche letteringStainless Steel Exhaust PipesTurbo AerokitInstrument Panel Alu. LookSport Shifter18" Sport Techno WheelPorsche Crest in HeadrestLowered Seats (-10mm)Alum/Lthr Shifter/Brake HandleCustom Tailoring* I'm happy to accommodate a PPI, but I will not drive the vehicle on salty roads here in CT, so it is very much weather dependent unless you want to pay to have the vehicle transported to/from in an enclosed trailer, in which case it can be done anytime.** There is a small loan on the car, I would need a couple business days to get the title in hand and pay off the loan. Not a hurdle by any means, just making it clear from the onset.

Link to the ebay ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Porsch...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr
GWIT996F is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 03:13 PM
  #1302  
ipman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 167
Default

I’ll add this one, the owner is on RL.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292924770849
ipman is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM
  #1303  
autobonrun
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
autobonrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,865
Default

Originally Posted by GWIT996F View Post
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

2005 996ttS, factory aerokit car, Slate Grey, 31k miles, asking $89,900 on ebay:


I was interested in it but the photos are so poor I'm going to pass.
autobonrun is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 03:25 PM
  #1304  
pcasanova
User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 179
Default

Originally Posted by GWIT996F View Post
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

2005 996ttS, factory aerokit car, Slate Grey, 31k miles, asking $89,900 on ebay:
Many are really trying to push the 996TT to the $100K boundary. I will say, this is one is rare. Coupe + Manual + Turbo S = really hard to find.

Originally Posted by ipman View Post
I’ll add this one, the owner is on RL.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292924770849
Really like the color combo.
pcasanova is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 03:47 PM
  #1305  
T Kono
User
 
T Kono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, CA
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by autobonrun View Post
I was interested in it but the photos are so poor I'm going to pass.
Now that is funny.
T Kono is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: