Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum-61/)
-   -   The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/913813-the-prestige-thread-finest-996tt-market-finds.html)

xmaciek82x 01-29-2016 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn (Post 12968628)
I don't think that price is far off. I paid over $50k to a dealer/flipper for an X50 with similar mileage.

Understood. That 996tt is out of my price range then :)

Thoughts on this one? Looks very clean. Spoke with the dealer and seems the car was well maintained (he is a sales person so I know he will say anything). But judging from the pics car looks to be in great shape. One downside for me it is a 2001, I really want a 2002+. But it does come with full leather and sport seats and low miles which is a big plus for me and offsets 2002+ requirement I had. Is $45k too much for a well maintained 2001?

http://www.chariotsofpb.com/Chariots...AB29951S686554

Freddie Two Bs 01-29-2016 10:13 PM

I think those wheels are not very good looking. For a 2001, if Blswan is still selling his, I think it's a nicer car.

xmaciek82x 01-29-2016 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn (Post 12970746)
I think those wheels are not very good looking. For a 2001, if Blswan is still selling his, I think it's a nicer car.

Nope, wheels would definitely go. Not a fan either but they are not cheap so I can resell them and get something better. It has exhaust and tune (not a great one) so I won't have to spend money on that. I plan on doing wheels, suspension, tune and exhaust when I get a 996tt. This one has most of that done. Other then the wheels, is the price too high for a clean 2001tt? Are 2001 generally way cheaper then 2002+?

Blswan car is red. I am only interested in blk/blk/6 spd/ no supple seats. Just never really considered a 2001until I saw that one.

rmc1148 01-29-2016 10:54 PM

Do the research miles matter as much or more than year. There are graphs showing relation of year/mile-price if you search. Mines a late build 2001 and price mentioned wouldn't buy it. I like the wheels other than being 19s.

Dock 01-30-2016 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x (Post 12970684)
But it does come with full leather...

This depends on what is meant by "full leather". The 996 Turbo has always had a leather interior from the factory. To this leather interior the car could be ordered with one of the following leather options:

Option E70 - "Leather Interior Package", where the following are covered in leather: lower part of instrument panel, trim molding groove for upper dashboard, side fresh air vents, defroster cover, frame speaker cover, center air vents, carrier for heater control, frame of air conditioner, switch covers left and right, and ignition lock rosette.

Or

Option E74 -" Small Leather Interior Package", where the following are covered in leather: lower part of instrument panel, trim molding groove for upper dashboard, center air vents, carrier for heater control, frame of air conditioner, switch covers left and right, and ignition lock rosette.

Or

Option P55 - "Full Leather Interior Package", where the following Instrument surround, trim molding groove, side air vents and slats, defroster trim, speaker cover, central air vent frame, frame for heater/air conditioner control unit, left, right, and lower switch covers, ignition rosette, rear center console, switch covers, ashtray cover, handbrake cover, lid for storage, sunvisors, cover for vanity mirror, front center console, CD or tape shelf and switch cover.

It seems that owners and used car dealers (and maybe even Porsche dealers) don't really understand what the 996 Turbo came with in stock form and/or what the option codes are.

I see many people here looking for or having bought a 996 Turbo stating that the car has "full leather". If the car's option codes do not include either E70, E74 or P55, then the car has the stock leather. The only "full leather" option is E55. If you don't have E55 listed as an option code, then you don't have "full leather".

xmaciek82x 01-30-2016 01:57 PM

Thanks Dock! Let me try to get a picture of the option codes and see which one it comes with.

rmc1148 01-30-2016 02:25 PM

I was questioning the full leather description myself,need to check codes in order to know what the real deal is as Dock noted.

xmaciek82x 01-30-2016 02:34 PM

I emailed the dealer to take a picture of the code sticker.

I'm offering $44k for the car. I think that is a fair price but dealer isn't budging too much.

jeanmarcboilard 01-30-2016 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
I emailed the dealer to take a picture of the code sticker.

I'm offering $44k for the car. I think that is a fair price but dealer isn't budging too much.

That looks like a nice car. If the ppi checks out, give him what he wants, what's a few $$ if you get the car you want.

xmaciek82x 01-30-2016 04:31 PM

It seams the car doesn't have any of the option codes Dock mentioned. Still not a huge deal breaker. The car is very clean and I'm very tempted. I spoke with the GM and we agreed on a price that I'm satisfied with.

docboy 01-30-2016 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x (Post 12972354)
It seams the car doesn't have any of the option codes Dock mentioned. Still not a huge deal breaker. The car is very clean and I'm very tempted. I spoke with the GM and we agreed on a price that I'm satisfied with.

Congratz! Car looks very clean from the pics. How was the PPI?

The exhaust and headers are a good bonus; that (and the tune to a lesser extent) IMO are tasteful mods that add good value to the vehicle.

xmaciek82x 01-30-2016 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by docboy (Post 12972436)
Congratz! Car looks very clean from the pics. How was the PPI?

The exhaust and headers are a good bonus; that (and the tune to a lesser extent) IMO are tasteful mods that add good value to the vehicle.

Not sure yet. Dealer stated they will pay for ppi if I'm serious about the purchase. Not sure if I should be worried about them sending the car out for a ppi and getting bias report. If ppi comes back with anything I'm not happy about the deposit is refunded....

I'm about 1300 miles away from the dealership so it's not like I can just swing by and take care of stuff myself. Still debating if I should pull the trigger or just hang on for something a bit closer to me.

Not too crazy about the tune. I think Champion motorsports just does a can GIAC tune but I can be wrong. I have Markski down the street from me so he would eventually retune it.

rmc1148 01-30-2016 10:08 PM

Maybe a local member could lay eyes on it for a report and suggest good ppi spot.

gophaster 01-30-2016 11:15 PM

xmaciek82x, I agree with rmc... I would prefer to choose my own shop to do the ppi. Have they told you where they would take it? Perhaps you could do a little research on where they plan to have it done.

USP is about 35 miles or so from that dealer (they may not be willing to go that far though), I have heard nothing but good things about them. Perhaps someone else will chime in with a good shop in the area.

Good luck!! :)

FRUNKenstein 01-30-2016 11:36 PM

Nice car. I like the wheels. Agree that they will be easy to sell if you replace them.