Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob Battery Flat, How do I open up the Car without alarm going off?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 03:48 PM
FL-03Carrera
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Key Fob Battery Flat, How do I open up the Car without alarm going off?

This morning my Key Fob battery went Flat. How do I open up the car without the alarm going off?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:02 PM
FL-03Carrera
Advanced

I figured it out... Open the door with the key - and start your 996 up This disables the alarm. Some posts say there is no need to start the car simply turn the ignition to the on position.

Anyway it worked for me - off to get a 2032 Battery
Old 10-31-2015, 04:26 PM
FL-03Carrera
Advanced

Argggg.... I replaced the battery on the FOB, now when I press the FOB buttons the led lights up (once) but does not open or lock the car nor does the hood control.

Is it time to get a new FOB? or is there anything I need to do once I replaced the battery?
Old 11-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the same issue, I was told it just needs to be reprogramed. You do not have to start the engine, just turn the key to the on position.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:33 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by FL-03Carrera
Argggg.... I replaced the battery on the FOB, now when I press the FOB buttons the led lights up (once) but does not open or lock the car nor does the hood control.

Is it time to get a new FOB? or is there anything I need to do once I replaced the battery?
Had this happen to me the other day. The buttons when pressed caused the LED to flash but the button push had no effect on the car's door locks or trunk.

On a hunch -- I think I read about this somewhere -- I inserted the key in the door lock and turned the key twice in the lock. This unlocked the door. Then I removed the key tried the key fob button and the car reacted as it used to.

Also, in the past when the key buttons appear to have no effect I have taken the fob battery out and reversed it in the battery holder for just a moment then installing the battery the correct way and this resurrected the key's functionality.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Macster think you experienced the car going to sleep, which your descibed procedure is the waking up method. Think my issue and FL-03Carrera is the code of the keyfob was lost in the system and has to be reprogrammed.

Quick Reply: Key Fob Battery Flat, How do I open up the Car without alarm going off?