Grundy Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 09:27 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Grundy Insurance

Anyone here use them?

As part of the search for a new to me p-car I have been looking at alternative insurance companies. I am currently with American Modern Home through Leland-West and Grundy is about $200/yr less than L-W. Another post I found stated that Heacock's policies are underwritten by American Modern Home as well and tend to be less than L-W's quotes for the same coverage. Just put a quote request in with them so we will see. But I have no complaints about L-W, unlike others and would like to get some idea of how Grundy is with claims. I had a glass claim with L-W on my 964 years ago and it was a really easy process.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AIG underwrites Grundy. I have them but only for a few months. I like how they insure everything (dailys and classic/exotics in same policy). I didn't pay less than competitors but I believe I have more insurance. They use "agreed value" as opposed to "stated value" and they insist that means something...whatever. I just like how they leave me alone....my old company kept sending me documents to verify it was just two drivers in the house for a bunch of cars....like they didn't believe me. That was 21st century...what a meat market they are, cost less but get a lot less. I have no claims thus far with Grundy. I believe Grundy is growing in leaps and bounds so I think they will start becoming nameless / faceless like most everyone else. BUT they have a unique product that I don't think anyone else does (or does as well) they can insure everything properly without compromise; you will pay 5-10% more but it's worth it for all under one roof and no BS.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:47 PM
boomboom
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Grundy user here. Was with Leland West and was not happy. Looked into Hagerty, but too expensive. Grundy has an agreed guaranteed replacement price and was cheaper than both mentioned. Happy with Grundy for sure.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:16 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Leland kicked me out without warning for a ticket, or some such thing, can't remember. Anyhow I'm with Westgate now because they cover me on the track as well. Competitive with others, but did have to insure EVERYTHING with them to get the Porsche's covered.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Dundee John
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about claims but I have Hagerty for my 996 TT. I pay about $1,000/yr for the TT and two classic cars, one of which is worth more than the TT. My stated mileage is 3,500/yr on the TT, which I would be hard pressed to hit.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I know my policy is not agreed value, but I got my insurance through AARP( giving my age away)the Hartford, I pay $516 per year. Make one time payment. What helps is the over 50 drivers course, provides discount every three years. My mileage is 3500 per year and used for pleasure.

Quick Reply: Grundy Insurance