Sponsored by:

Dumb convertible questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:49 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Dumb convertible questions

My new-to-me '04 is a cab, and the first 911 Cab I've owned. I have some top questions that I don't seem to be able to find.

1) It came with the factory hardtop, but it seems to be missing the covers that go over the bolts that secure the top on the inside in the rear. What the hell are those things called? I need to buy new ones, but I can't figure out what to even search for.

2) The headliner in the soft top is saggy in parts (in the corners and along one edge). Is this a DIY type effort or do I simply replace the headliner and be done with it.

I get that the top is 11+ years old, so I'm not disappointed in it, just trying to decide best avenue to take.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:31 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyScott
My new-to-me '04 is a cab, and the first 911 Cab I've owned. I have some top questions that I don't seem to be able to find.

1) It came with the factory hardtop, but it seems to be missing the covers that go over the bolts that secure the top on the inside in the rear. What the hell are those things called? I need to buy new ones, but I can't figure out what to even search for.

2) The headliner in the soft top is saggy in parts (in the corners and along one edge). Is this a DIY type effort or do I simply replace the headliner and be done with it.

I get that the top is 11+ years old, so I'm not disappointed in it, just trying to decide best avenue to take.

Thanks!
996 555 457 00

A10 Black
C50 Graphite Grey
G10 Metropole Blue
B50 Space Grey
Old 10-22-2015, 08:25 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 282 Posts

Those hardtop receiver covers are super cheap. As far as the headliner - my 04 cab had the headliner replaced under warranty years ago, and it still sags a bit in the same spots you mentioned. I don't even give it a second thought though. You could probably spray some adhesive between the roof and the headliner and smooth it out yourself if it's bugging you.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks guys, I may replace it one day. I'm not in a big hurry at the moment. Thanks for the part numbers on the covers!

Quick Reply: Dumb convertible questions