Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'02 Instrument Cluster OFF - wrong cluster for coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup just completed drive to Indy car will have spa week+ whilst awaiting yellow cluster. 14 miles no cluster. (Back country roads no traffic signals)

No problems whatsoever not a blip. And I was completely NOT going to do it until he said "it will be fine"....still shocked.

It is incredible what small items can do and mess up some aspect of drivability at times ....but disconnect the ENTIRE brain and it runs fine?......its a mad mad world.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:23 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ You got that right, nice it worked out.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:37 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty
Yup just completed drive to Indy car will have spa week+ whilst awaiting yellow cluster. 14 miles no cluster. (Back country roads no traffic signals) No problems whatsoever not a blip. And I was completely NOT going to do it until he said "it will be fine"....still shocked. It is incredible what small items can do and mess up some aspect of drivability at times ....but disconnect the ENTIRE brain and it runs fine?......its a mad mad world.
yeah mine had to be started and pulled into the garage without any cluster operation (first post). I wouldn't drive it 14 miles without any gauges though or warning indicators. Glad you made it okay. I cannot remember the up charge for the aluminum gauge faces, but it was well over a grand. They aren't even real aluminum, plastic just painted silver from the factory. Man what a silly over priced option!

Quick Reply: '02 Instrument Cluster OFF - wrong cluster for coupe?