Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum-61/)
-   -   Clutch Reservoir leaking, tips please (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/875779-clutch-reservoir-leaking-tips-please.html)

America 05-27-2015 05:19 PM

Clutch Reservoir leaking, tips please

Couldn't find any info on this subject. My car has sat for about a month now. Besides my dead battery that's been on a Porsche cigarette lighter charger. My clutch reservoir is leaking. Any tips on where to get parts and on the repair? Is there a write up on the actually repair? Do I need to bleed system?

rmc1148 05-27-2015 05:21 PM

Bad slave cylinder replace accumulator while at it. If you do not do your own repairs find a good reputable shop.

America 05-27-2015 05:40 PM

ok Thanks, I found this link.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...ing-again.html

America 05-27-2015 09:31 PM

Looks like my Clutch Slave Cylinder and Clutch Pressure Accumulator needs replacement. Was going to order from Pelican since they are in my state of CA but they won't ship the accumulator. Suncoast will but the Slave Cylinder is $250 cheaper. Seems like a aftermarket part. Has anyone used and was parts fine?

"02996ttx50 05-27-2015 11:20 PM

i would get the slave from pelican ( and have ) and the accumulator from suncoast. there is some strange prohibition against this item being shipped and few are able to explain definitively as to why.

Nico911 05-28-2015 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by America (Post 12313887)
Couldn't find any info on this subject. My car has sat for about a month now. Besides my dead battery that's been on a Porsche cigarette lighter charger. My clutch reservoir is leaking. Any tips on where to get parts and on the repair? Is there a write up on the actually repair? Do I need to bleed system?

Are you talking about the reservoir in the front trunk, driver side ? You may have read in my thread that a mechanic (of a very well known indy repair shop) fixed my problem with a very easy and cheap fix. Some didn't agree, but I confirm that my problems are gone and that the clutch is working perfectly, with no leaks anymore from the front reservoir.

That's all I can say man.

America 05-28-2015 02:19 AM

@Nico911, Can you get more details of the parts need for the repair? Would be nice to try on my car to test your repair, then everyone can try this cheap fix before the more extensive fix.

Nico911 05-28-2015 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by America (Post 12315099)
@Nico911, Can you get more details of the parts need for the repair? Would be nice to try on my car to test your repair, then everyone can try this cheap fix before the more extensive fix.

I'm talking about the green rubber o ring on the pentosin reservoir in the engine bay. Just unscrew the cap of the reservoir, you will see it.

The o ring on my car was damaged so air went through the system.

Nico911 05-28-2015 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A pictures is worth a thousand words...

5ive0 05-28-2015 01:31 PM

I have the same issue... Slave and accumulator...

"02996ttx50 05-28-2015 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 5ive0 (Post 12316029)
I have the same issue... Slave and accumulator...

you may also have a failing slave etc ( welcome to ownership ) but the pic denotes the power steering fluid reservoirs o-ring and the issue is different than just a failing slave/accumulator.

PelicanParts.com 05-28-2015 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by America (Post 12314543)
Looks like my Clutch Slave Cylinder and Clutch Pressure Accumulator needs replacement. Was going to order from Pelican since they are in my state of CA but they won't ship the accumulator. Suncoast will but the Slave Cylinder is $250 cheaper. Seems like a aftermarket part. Has anyone used and was parts fine?

Unfortunately, the OEM supplier accumulator can't be shipped as it's considered hazardous material and needs to be picked up physically as it states from our supplier. I think the OEM one can as it doesn't state a restriction below it here...? But! The clutch slave cylinder can! :thumbup:

If you're going to DIY we do have a good tech article that can be helpful as well here.

-Luccia

America 05-28-2015 04:04 PM

@Nico911, think mine is leaking through the small hole on top of the cap. The whole area is drenched with that fluid. The reservoir and cover is soak. Must be really coming out like a water gun. That now leads me to think its not gasket, but the sake of testing I'll do it for everyone. Just to confirm.

@pelicanparts, so if i order the oem accumulator from you, you will ship to me?

Kevin 05-28-2015 04:49 PM

Nico, what do you think that BLACK cap is located at the 2 o'clock position is??? A vent to atmosphere? Short term fix.. Post back to your thread 6 months from now and tell us that you haven't added any Pentosin.. That will then build validity to your statement. Right now it's unproven.

Replace the slave and accumulator together..

PelicanParts.com 05-28-2015 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by America (Post 12316447)
@pelicanparts, so if i order the oem accumulator for you, you will ship to me?

Wasn't too sure why it was listed that way. Had to check with someone in that department. I guess it should be listed on the OEM one as well that it cannot ship. Technically, anything that is hazardous like that cannot ship from anywhere unless they have some sort of licensing to do so. Not sure how far you are from us in Harbor City for local pick up. Sorry I couldn't get that part shipped for you.

-Luccia